Custom Leather Interior (Need Advice)

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Mystery Guest, Mar 22, 2004.

1. Mystery Guest

Mystery Guest New Member

I'm looking to get my Honda Prelude interior redone in leather. I have 2 options:

1. Buy the seats off of eBay, bolt it in and call it a day. However, shipping an entire interior runs about $200 which leaves the total at around $700-$800. And of course, it's used.

2. Have a custom interior installed by a shop and pay full price.

Has anyone had experience with re-doing the interior? If so what did it cost you? I called one place and he quotted me $1,200 for black leather seat covers professionally installed. This seems kind of high to me, but I've never priced it out. Katzkins is equally expensive, but I dont feel like ripping my old seats apart and installing it myself.

Any opinions?

2. TriShield

TriShield Super Moderator® Super Moderator

I'm looking into doing the same thing with my Grand National, the price for doing your car seems cheap.

I've gone to a few different upholsterers, and everyone quotes near $2,000 to re-do my two front seats and rear bench seat in leather, even more if I want my door panels redone as well. And that's with me unbolting everything and hauling it over myself.

3. Cool~Breeze

Cool~Breeze New Member

Whoa search in google for CST or katzkins I think it is, it is a lot cheaper and good quality big with my fellow Mr2 guys:bigthumb: