Custom Exhaust

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by Unknown, May 20, 2003.

1. Unknown

Unknown OT Supporter

Im planning to get dual custom exhausts on my 4th generation Prelude. My question is about how much will this cost to get it done in a custom shop? Also what exhaust systems would you guys recommend? I wanted an Apexi N1 exhaust but if i get 2 of them that would be around 1000 + the custom piping needed for it and the total is a little too much for me. So about how much would getting Dual custom exhausts cost for my Lude??

2. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

you can't have dual exhausts on 4 cylinders. :rolleyes:. not a true dual exhaust at least. the only time would suggest a dual exhaust "look" is if you have a rear bumper with 2 exhaust cutouts, like the black widow rear. and even that's pretty gay if you ask me. that's just my opinion though. having dual exhaust "look" is stupid when you have a 4 banger. to each his own though, right?

i don't know how exactly you're gonna set this up, liek are you gonna do a y-pipe sort of deal? if that's the case, it's not gonna work right. the N1 universal muffler is too long and the only way you're gonna make the y-pipe idea work is you literally make a 90 degree bend if you wanna make that other muffler at all functionally worthwhile, which it won't be. you're gonna have more exhaust still flowing out of that righthand muffler. and if the climate is cooler, it's gonna look real odd when smoke's comin out of just one muffler.

there's no room to run another pipe underneath the left control arm if you want to have two exhaust pipes run from the cat and back. you notice how the lower control arm on the right rear wheel is shaped? that's to accommodate the exhaust pipe, the way it's supposed to be.

then you can have just a dummy muffler sittin there, but if that's not retarded, i don't know what is. you may and probably will lose low end, and we all know hondas aren't particularly famous for their low end power.

sorry for the long post, but overall i think you're idea is stupid. so explain why you want this "dual exhaust" for a 4 cylinder car? and how you plan on accomplishing it.

3. Unknown

Unknown OT Supporter

I dont know im having some second doubts about them. If i were to just get one exhaust system, which one would you recommend?? I know this is all about opinion but which exhaust gives the most power gain? I was planning to get an Apexi N1 or maybe a Greddy Evo but im not sure. So whats the best system that gives me the most power gain?? I mainly wanted dual exhaust on it because of the body kit and look, and i thought that it might add some power but now i know that it doesnt and it will reduce my power. But i still like the Dual custom look- so im unsure at this point. im going to have to sleep on this one tonight.

4. Brigante

Brigante i'm a lurker without an avatar, deal with it

the N1 will probably give you the best gainst. it's straight through, which makes it pretty loud however. are you n/a or turbocharged?