curses gateway...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by mdancool, Mar 25, 2008.

1. mdancool

mdancool New Member

So i have a desktop computer from gateway.. only a year and a half old and when i try to boot it up it just sits at the gateway splash screen! won't let me into bios or anything!! I unplugged everything from the mother board and tried to start it up again and it just just sits at the splash screen? Is my motherboard toast? or am i just forgetting something?! Thanks!

2. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

reset cmos.

3. mdancool

mdancool New Member

how

4. P07r0457

P07r0457 New Member

I just told you WHAT to do, since you are obviously FAR TOO RETARDED to use google... Therefore, you need to remove yourself from this equation. Take the computer to someone that either knows what they're doing or has a reasonable ability to even attempt a quick search when given the appropriate keywords.

5. mdancool

mdancool New Member

or you could stop being a dick. most people don't get offended when they are asked how to do something. It would have taken you far less time to just tell me how than to write up your worthless rant about using google.

6. awns729

awns729 New Member

whoa!

this is how you reset it on my giga-byte mobo.
    there's a battery somewhere on your mobo
    next to it there are two pins together that are not connected
    to reset the CMOS, you take a metal object and connect (or short) the pins so current can flow.
    that should reset the CMOS. check your gateway manual/MB diagram for info before you do this. also, obviously, unplug your computer and hold the power button down for 5 seconds before touching anything. touch the power supply or other metal inside the case so static electricity from your body doesn't fry any components. it's even better to wear a wrist strap.

7. mdancool

mdancool New Member

sweet thanks man i'll give it a whirl!