SRS currently feel lost in my life

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by KriZZeaM, Jan 3, 2008.

1. KriZZeaM

KriZZeaM New Member

20k in debt
    moved out, but now i need to move back in

8 classes left in college and i have no motivation to finish though i am enrolled.

i miss the shit out of my ex-fiance but she only wants to be my friend, and most of my friends and family have their hold-ups with her.

i need to work for more money, but i need to finish school, and ive been doing both for 7 years.

im 24 (will be 25 in feb)

been taking lexapro for a while now, but thought i was better and weened off now i havent felt like leaving my room in 3 days

i break down and let all my lifes stress bring me to tears, a lot of tears daily.

sometimes i just wanna move far away and start over but id miss my family too much and i dont think i have the balls, and i know i dont have the money.

im not really sure why im making this thread, i know all i can do is push through and "everything will work out" . maybe i just need/want some words of encouragement or criticism.

now i cant sleep

2. Yuppy

Yuppy Have a seat right there....

1) start working out. You will feel better about yourself and it will give you a chance to think about something (and someone, yourself) other than her.

2) Finish school, you are far from a failure if you are more educated than 80% of Americans. Thats just 1 more year, you can do it.

Remember: Things will only get better when you work to change them. I wish you luck.

3. polishillusion

polishillusion New Member

Easy/ hard answers.

School School School. For fucks sake, you will not feel worthless after school.

Push ups.

Ignore the ex. bye bye, bitch. She is not a friend, if she was she would not be an ex.

Go to a therapist and cry. Do not cry to us, cry to a therapist who can help you focus that pain into your strength. this is your greatest power, your fear, your angry, your depression.

ignore your age. my mom is getting her bachelors a week before turning 50. she ROCKED that schools ass off.

SCHOOL SCHOOL SCHOOL = friends friends friends = feeling better = not whining to us online

:greddy:stop this

:wiggle:start this

:bigthumb:get this

4. Socrates

Socrates New Member

:hsugh:

School, exercise, and therapy are all great ideas. However, telling him he is "whining," and the rest of your 14 year old attitude is ineffective and annoying. Grow up a little.

:gtfo2:

5. TZ

TZ Banned

Finish school, focus on that. Forget the slut. Start working out, it makes you feel better.

Could be alot worse man, you will be fine.

6. polishillusion

Stop trolling.

This man is whining. HE OPENLY KNOWS HE IS WHINING, AND IS ASKING US TO HELP STOP HIM FROM WHINING.

Read what I say - you are whining. You do not like that you are whining. You yourself in your OP stated that " im not really sure why im making this thread". Let me make some guesses -

1) Are you feeling like shit and need to express it somewhere?

2) Are you wanting to get support and that "one drop of motivation" to start moving you in the right direction?

3) Wish that the pain would "just go away"?

Those are my first three guesses.

Do you want to stop having a reason for whining? I can give you all the advice and all of the "toot toot, go get them motherfucker" advice and encouragement that I can, but ultimately that does nothing to connect you with what you want or what you need in this moment to move you past this stage of your development and into the next part of your growth.

As an outside viewer who is not emotionally connected, I am telling you you are WHINING LIKE A BITCH, and I see how much pain and suffering you are showing with it. I fucking hate it, it pisses me off to see you like this, so much so that I tell you THAT YOU ARE WHINING LIKE A LITTLE BITCH.

Now, if I was not going to colloquially stay that, I would say "I really am wanting to see you better yourself and overcome your situation to become a better person", but I love getting responses like the one I am quoting here from this ass clown who thinks he is supporting you when he obviously has done shit for you. I also have equally done shit for you - these are common sense suggestions you probably have come up with yourself, and taking credit for "do push ups, stop being a pussy" would insult me as a therapist and a social worker.

YOU ARE THE ONLY ONE THAT CAN HELP YOU. We can sit here and revel in the extreme pain, suffering and disgrace you feel that you have fallen into, but nothing anyone is ever going to tell you as advice will lift you from that. ONLY YOU CAN DO THAT.

7. Socrates

Socrates New Member

I'm not trolling. This is a serious discussion and the man is looking for help. You're not giving it to him.

I've been through therapy. It worked wonders for me. Never, throughout the whole experience, did my therapist tell me I was "whining." You won't find one therapy book on Earth that would call your approach "effective."

You have good intentions, that much is obvious. Just lose the douchebag approach.

8. polishillusion

Trying to save your ass with quotations? "You" "are" "WRONG".

As a grad student @ NYU I would love to know where is your Clinical degree from? Oh, you went to "therapy", which is your green light to tell me anything about being a counselor or therapist, seeing that you have decoded all of our secrets. Sorry, shut the hell up.

I can find you numerous books saying that what I am doing is effective, since we are not in a therapy session and Social Intervention Psychology has proven numerous times that "nice" does not work, and what this person needs is authentically expressed emotions to reset and reestablish his world view.

These concepts have been used for ages by countless group leaders, religious figures, philosophers etc etc to attempt to help the growth and development of someone who is in a tough spot.

If we do not express authentically the exact aggression and anger we feel while reading his OP and then use that to facilitate his understanding of himself, then he will be stuck in his room the rest of his fucking life.

He needs to get over this girl, and whatever other problems he is imagining in his head. By expressing our RAGE and aggression of the situation he is in, we may just unlock that part of him that he needs to develop into the person he wants to be.

9. Yuppy

lol @ thread hijack

10. KriZZeaM

KriZZeaM New Member

real quick question..........

for the guy using debated techniques.

are you using OP as "online post" you do know it means online pussy right? to identify a female over an OD online dick or dude.

11. TZ

TZ Banned

"toot toot, go get them motherfucker"

12. Yuppy

:werd:

TC is the thread creator

its NOT original poster

13. polishillusion

It means OPENING POST

and I obviously won the argument.

14. polishillusion

summary of all the advice you'll ever get in your life, ever.

15. TZ

TZ Banned

:rofl:

16. polishillusion

I am 100% serious.

17. Epicman

Epicman Active Member

From my point of view....stick with school man. It's the best thing you can do. Regardless how shitty you feel, do not, under any circumstances give up on school!!!!

After you graduate, if you feel like it, move away...at least in some other part of the world you'll still have that degree that will help you find a decent job. I tell you this from my personal experience. I didn't go to school, I had a job that paid very well...my life went to shit and I moved away. Now I'm fucked working at a hotel job. Whatever you do....finish your degree...you aren't that far off.

18. KriZZeaM

KriZZeaM New Member

well, i learned my lesson about staying on my meds til im told its all good (if ever)

i started working out this morning

and just trying to stay active to keep my mind off the bad to the point where it drags me down, i know i should still think about them otherwise i wont work to fix them.

19. mrchina

mrchina Guest

Quick question for you... what kind of debt are you in?

IE- Student Loans are a good debt because they will hopefully give you a great return on investment... where as sitting on 20,000 owed to Visa for your shopping spree at Best Buy is (obviously) bad debt.

20. polishillusion

20000 in loans for school is fine. you get money off taxes, and you can pay back slowly.

21. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Metallic is right....nevermind.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2008
  22. polishillusion

Fixed it for you. You need a lot more time with the shrink if you can happily announce to the internet that you need a shrink. Think about that.

Excuse my intelligence, functional vocabulary, and my ability to logically and academically defeat you in arguments. Obviously I speak like a 14 year old. All the time.

I can definitely prove I go to NYU, via facebook, my official NYU email address, my degree verification used for internships and jobs.

You on the other hand stand to be taken to court for claiming to be a Ph.d when you obviously are not. Tell me your name and the therapist you go to since I feel we need a little chat on how you speak to people on the internet.

23. Socrates

Socrates New Member

:rofl:

Holy crap man! For all the credentials you claim to have, you can't detect sarcasm at all. You obviously understand people.

I'll let you gloat in your self-proclaimed victory. :bigthumb:

Oh, and I am not ashamed for having been through therapy. As a result of growing up with a bipolar mom and being in the Marine Corps, I had quite a bit of anxiety. Why should I not reveal that, Dr. Polish?

24. polishillusion

Racism at its finest.

Your sarcasm (which that was not) sucked, and you need to understand that neither the marines or your psychologically defunct mother are talking points to discuss with people online.

25. Socrates

Socrates New Member

Why can't I use my fairly common experiences to find common ground with others?