curious to what the women in the Vag think of this

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by jonno, Jul 8, 2008.

1. jonno

jonno New Member

was reading the book of pook last night and this was interesting to me about weight and how people look at you differently:

2. jonno

jonno New Member

for me... before i got into working out i was a fat 220 at like 5'6". obviously i didnt get any attention from women. i dieted down to 137lbs at maybe 5'8"... at this point i got a little attention from women.

after a couple years of lifting weights is when i've had the best results. i'm a somewhat chubby 205-210lbs @ 5'10" and get wayyy more attention from girls than when i was 137lbs. :dunno:

3. knucks

knucks Active Member

Well, I'm a bloated 175 at 5'6" right now and women are all over me :dunno:

Honestly though, most girls I have met are all about the skinny/fit, 6pack guys. Unless, of course, they're hipster trash that love guys who wear tighter jeans than them (of which there are plenty in A2)

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

you already know not to listen to what she says and instead to watch what she does

also pook isn't talking about getting huge - 205 at 6'3" isn't that big

Its all about the testosterone. Physically smaller guys with testosterone still do well with women (provided they've got their shit together).

Hell plenty of bitches wanted me when I was 135 lbs at 18 years old. I was too skinny but I played a lot of sports and had test coming out my ears its seemed.

5. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

oh and I totally agree with "big guys being able to get away with more."

I've never been all swole F&N style, but I did go from 150 to 190 lifting weights and the differences were remarkable.

6. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Wow. I came in to say to this. :bowdown: Except I was skinnier at 18.

7. iwishyouwerebeer

iwishyouwerebeer you shut your cunt Moderator

I'm one of those weird women who have literally always been attracted to skinny guys :dunno: I don't know why honestly. My current bf is the least scrawny guy I've ever dated. And the other guys I've dated in my past weren't even cut or anything. I've just always been strangely attracted to tall, thin men. BUT, too skinny is unattractive.

Put it this way, my sister is married to a guy who is 5'11. When they met we used to make fun of him because he was like 145. He looked anorexic and it was completely unattractive. Over time he started to gain weight (not even muscle) and not I'd say he's 175 and he looks great, so much better and more appealing!

I don't really know what to say though, I've never been the girl who drools over big muscular guys :hs:

8. coldstone

coldstone New Member

Offtopic: Newcastle is great.

9. knucks

knucks Active Member

Some girls get insecure when they are with men who are in good shape :dunno:

This one girl I saw a couple times was giving me a massage once and was shocked/turned on by how built I was. Told me how she usually dates tall/skinny guys.

10. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I dunno, see, I thought was the same way for quite some time. Previous to my current bf, all my SO's have been skinny. I dont mean anorexic/gross skinny, but scrawny none the less. I just though that I was "always attracted to skinny guys" but the thing was, thinking back on it, it just wasnt true.
    Until my current bf, I had never met a guy that I was interested in that had a great body and a great personality. Most of the guys with great bodies were jerks or I just didnt get along with them, so I went with "skinnier guy but has great personality/we click" instead sorta outa default, I guess. Now, however, since I have "great body AND great personality/we click" I MUCH prefer it. I suppose I had never considered body type to be much of a factor till I "experienced the difference" (wow, that sounds lame, but its the best way I can put it). Maybe it sounds shallow, but if my bf and I ever break up, I probably wont consider the skinny guys as options as much anymore.

Edit: and for the record, I nor pook (I dont think) were talking about big muscular bodybuilder-esque guys, just guys that have good physiques...

11. coldstone

coldstone New Member

^ You still owe me that story.

12. vodkacollins

vodkacollins New Member

too skinny is unattractive to me as is too bulky. i tend to like nerdy guys who are probably mostly on the skinnier end of the spectrum, but not sickly skinny, but not built either.

not sure if its really their body type specifically that attracts me or the type of personality they have, though ive never been turned off by any of their bodies

13. jonno

jonno New Member

right. i think a lot of women see a built guy and think "dumb, no substance, etc." but i'm guilty of judging women based solely on looks/style of dress. which is a flaw i'm trying to get over.

14. iwishyouwerebeer

Excellent point, however, I know that personally it's not just me assuming all bigger guys are dumb or we wont have anything in common, etc. And it's not even me finding that most of the thinner men I've been attracted to had better personalities. Even now, when I see tall thin men I don't know I look straight to them and I know they probably aren't the typical guy most of the girls at the bar (or wherever) are going to look at. Maybe that's my thing-liking the guy I know most girls look past :dunno: I really just don't know. But my SO now is pretty buff and very in shape and while I found him good looking before knowing him it was his personality that impressed me more since I normally don't go for guys with his physical appearance.

15. coldstone

coldstone New Member

That's usually their way of justifying why they can't get with him. I think that's kinda the point of what you quoted in your first post.

16. Elphaba

Elphaba New Member

I see what you mean. I've never assumed a guy was dumb b/c he had a good body or been intimidated b/c of his physique, but in the past I really never clicked with guys of the body type we're discussing. I would talk to/flirt with them, but it just didnt seem to work out. Then again, maybe they didnt think I was 'at their level'? :dunno:

This might sound harsh, but I dont know how else to say it. Its an honest question though. Do you think this has anything to to do with the possibility that b/c you know other girls will look past a skinnier guy, you think it'll be easier for you to talk to/get with him than more muscular guys b/c there will be less competition? That is, guys who have less girls attracted to them are more attractive to you b/c they're easier targets?

17. iwishyouwerebeer

Not harsh at all, I think it's a very valid question. When I really think about it I can't ever say it's been an issue of competition because if a guy chooses another girl over me I've actually always been very ok with that :dunno: Can't help what you're more attracted to.

I just know I've always been more attracted to the "nice guys." Like in the past I've always had a soft spot for the cute guys who were maybe a little bit awkward with women. They never played games and so they tended to get looked past by the girls who wanted the sort of Alpha male.

But there's a difference for me between just looking at a stranger who I find attractive off the bat and the guy I get to know. The guy I am intrigued by physically tends to fit a very specific physical type (tall, thin, dark hair). And the guys I actually get to know might happen to fit most to all of those physical attributes but also fit certain personality traits I desire. That's why it was weird when I met my SO because while he didn't fit my physical type right away I still thought he was attractive nonetheless and he also was a genuinely good guy. Not awkward or bad with women, just a nice guy in general.

18. kiri

kiri New Member

i think the spectrum of what is attractive to me is pretty wide. too scrawny is really unattractive, as is too broly or too fat. i tend to go for guys who are on the thin side, i think because i'm on the thin side as well. but they MUST look like they're healthy (i.e. no bird chest, no weirdly shaped fat deposits).

i think the health thing is what makes the main difference. once someone starts working out regularly and getting in shape (whether they get much bigger or not), they will be more attractive and people will take notice.

19. iwishyouwerebeer

:rofl: I haven't seen a birdchest in so long, but they are so scary! I should also clarify, when I said I liked "skinny " men that might give off an idea of very very thin men who are almost scrawny, and that's not what I'm about. I like a guy who is just naturally on the thinner side, not the kind you give a doubletake and go "damn that guy needs to put on a few pounds."

20. kiri

kiri New Member

:werd: same here, but pecs and shoulders are key. seriously, weird pointy bird chests on guys make me want to barf :rofl: it would totally be a dealbreaker :o :o

21. iwishyouwerebeer

Mmm, broad shoulders kill me.

22. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Just found out I grew a bit more today...6'7" tall, and a little over 300lbs, proportional, broad shoulders lol. I have yet to see any female attracted to me at all, merely by my size. Im a bit nerdy too :dunno:

23. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

lol, damn, all these women liking the skinny guys...I should move!

24. iwishyouwerebeer

Not to try and be a buzzkill, but on the few weight/heght charts I just checked even at 6'7 300 pounds is considered "severely overweight." I'm guessing you are a sort of solid mass, right? Glad you are working out more though :hs:

25. tubachris85x

tubachris85x New Member

Woa, wait, what? I have muscle now, the charts dont ever take into account muscle mass! I wear a XL T-shirts with no problem, my legs are just long and massive...