Curious about my Carbs...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Biskit, Mar 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

So as my location specifies I am Cuban (No, I am not in Cuba but I WAS born there) anywho...

We usually eat a lot of black beans with rice and beef + u know ur salad (no dressing I hate it) anyways it seems that this week (it was my bday on tuesday so I did eat a bit more that day since I had so many people here) I have been eating a lot of carbs.

However the food I eat is pretty heave in carbs, usually having about 230-350 carbs a day with foods I eat with about 2300 Cal in take (taking numbers for this week, previous weeks have been MUCH MUCH less).

Wondering if this is a bad thing (I am trying to cut) and if it is what do you guys suggest to cutting down on the carbs? Make my own shit at home or eat something else or what?

Thanks in advance.

2. turbage

turbage New Member

Nutrition EDU Sticky

350 seems way too high

3. nerfball

nerfball New Member

ha. tell me about it dude. Im first generation Cuban and its hard to live in Miami and not eat a ton of carbs. god damn Cuban bread if so fucking good! I had to stop the cafe con leche and pan con mantequilla (cuban coffe and milk and pressed cuban bread with butter for you gringos) action in the mornings or my pants were not going to fit anymore.

4. DTR rex

DTR rex New Member

1) If you are cutting, then 350 carbs is WAY too much.

2) With 2,300 cals and 350g of that coming from carbs I can assume you take in relatively little protein then.

3) Cut the carbs in-half, replace the lost cals from cutting carbs with mostly protein and some smart source fats.

5. Biskit

Biskit Active Member

K, if you want I can show you my fitday stuff, just this week has been really carb heavy for whatever reason. I also did run out of protein so I have to purchase more but I'm broke untill Friday!

And I'm not having 350 a day or anything but on Tuesday it was well over that, I try keep my carb intake at around 150-200 or so I was pretty good ab out it untill this week came!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.