Curb Emergency

Discussion in 'That'll Buff Right Out' started by rtevans86, Feb 13, 2005.

1. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

Ok, I was driving down the street at the U of Illinois campus and a small island of cement jumped out of nowhere and hit my car, now the damage is minimal, however it consists of a somewhat bent or kink in my rim, some paint on the bottom of the front bumper and a fucked up tire....now the tire is going to HAVE to be replaced but can I have the rim hammered back to form or would it be smarter to but a new one? Also is MAACO really shitty? I heard that they dont use clearcoat or something, but it's going to be the same color painted over. This is most unfortunate but I want to make the right decisions about repairing it. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!

2. Ridley

Ridley New Member

MAACO is going to be a mistake. Unless you really don't care about the quality of the paint, I would avoid this place at all costs.

Can you see the inside of the wheel right now? Are there any cracks or is the wheel just deformed from the impact? What kind of wheel is it? If it is stock, it might be cheaper to try and pick one up from Ebay or something unless it is an expensive wheel. If it is an aftermarket, you can send them off to numerous places for repair.

3. rtevans86

rtevans86 New Member

well, it's not like I would get the whole car painted. Just a little section. or maybe just the whole front end. Yes, you cant see through the wheel. its just a little bend on the lip. the wheel is a spoke 97-99 camaro rim, its alloy.

4. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

maaco sucks, and pics would be helpful for the rim

5. bmxenbrett

bmxenbrett Guest

steel rim? if so just go to an junk yard and get one they wont charge you more than $35. screw the paint at the bottom of the bumper, i would just leave it its probaly not that big of a deal. but if you really want it done i would stay away from maaco unless you dont go with there cheapest fix and make sure they use urthane, enamel is the shittyest of shit from what im hearing.

o and they wouldnt use an clear coat if they use and acrylic enamel its built in but still shitty urthane dont have an clear in it you have to eather add it or spray it.