MMA Cung Le vs. Sam Morgan at StrikeForce 11/16

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by Atmosphere, Nov 6, 2007.

1. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

http://mmajunkie.com/2007/11/04/cung-le-vs-ufcs-sam-morgan-at-nov-16-strikeforce-event/

Cung Le vs. UFC’s Sam Morgan at Nov. 16 Strikeforce Event

Posted by MMA Junkie on November 4, 2007 at 8:00 am ET
    [​IMG]

Famed kickboxer Cung Le (4-0) will look to continue an undefeated streak in MMA when he takes on former UFC fighter Sam Morgan (18-8) at a Nov. 16 Strikeforce event.

MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) learned of the fight from a source close to the organization.

“Strikeforce: Four Men Enter, One Man Survives” takes place in San Jose, Calif. A broadcast partner for the event should be announced shortly.
    The Le-Morgan middleweight bout further strengthens what’s shaping up to be one of the best cards in Strikeforce history.

Le, a 34-year-old Vietnamese-American, posted a 17-0 record with 12 knockouts in San Shou (a form of kickboxing with throws and takedowns) and a 3-0 record in K-1 kickboxing exhibition Superfights. He’s also a perfect 4-0 since transitioning into MMA. All four fights have ended via knockout — three of the four in the first round. Le is also a bit of an Internet legend; his highlight videos rank among some of the most popular clips on video-sharing sites such as YouTube.

Morgan, 26, turned pro in 2001 and got his big break when he was chosen as a cast member on “The Ultimate Fighter 2.” Morgan got a free pass through the first round when his opponent Kenny Stevens failed to make weight, but he was delivered a brutal knockout (via knee) from eventual show runner-up Luke Cummo in the show’s semifinals. He then lost to Josh Burkman in the show’s live finale before bouncing back for two wins outside the UFC. Most recently, he returned at UFC Fight Night 6 in August 2006 and dropped a unanimous-decision to Forrest Petz.

The upcoming Strikeforce event will also feature the first-ever tournament sanctioned by the California State Athletic Commission. The four-man middleweight tournament will feature veteran fighters Falaniko Vitale, Trevor Prangley, Jorge Santiago and Yuki Sasaki.

Additionally, Strikeforce world light heavyweight champion Bobby Southworth and U.S. middleweight champion Joe Riggs are in action, and Paul Buentello and Alistair Overeem will battle for the organization’s vacant heavyweight title. Undefeated world kickboxing champion Brian Schwartz (18-0) will also make his MMA debut at the event.

2. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

Finally, a true test for Cung Le. After much speculation and accusation of everything from fixed fights to being fed cans, Cung gets the opportunity to show the world that San Shou will rule MMA. Sam Morgan may have lost a number of fights that even our own resident hamburglar would have won, but he was on the ultimate fighter, therefore, he is in fact an ultimate fighter. :noes:

3. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

:h5:

hopefully they'll step up cung's future opponent by matching him up against Shannon Ritch :coold:

4. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

The headhunter against Overeem is a nice treat though. a fight i never thought i would see, not that i cared to, but definitely a matchup i never thought about :dunno:

5. Yeah, should be interesting to see how long it takes buentello to land a shot that kills overeem.

6. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i wonder how buentello's gas tank is though. he's only let one fight go to a decision, which is impressive

i imagine both throw wet noodle punches if it goes into the 3rd round

7. Wet noodle punches send Overeem to the hospital in the 3rd round.

The real question is how good is buentello's defense and chin, because Overeem is going to knee him hard for the first few minutes.

8. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

The Cung Le hate is strong!

I'm lovin' the look of this card, + an old school tournament! Win.

If Overeem doesn't knock out Burrito in 2 minutes, he loses by disheartedness.

I hope Prangley wins the tourney.

And I'm keeping my eye on Riggs.

9. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

fuck cung le, if he was worth a shit he would have fought someone worth a damn by now

10. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

I hope Riggs does good. Dude's had a lot of issues and seems like a decent fellow.

11. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

One member of the Riggs family has already died in the past year, lets not make it two.

what, too soon? :dunno:

12. whup

whup I wish you had children and.. so that I could step

He's new to MMA, you expect him to fight a hardcore champ? It's not like he's in a big stacked org either. The problem with Cung Le is his retarded fanbois drumming up the hate heh.

13. apman0000

apman0000 OT Supporter

guy's been fighting a long time, everyone keeps sucking his nuts year after year, now he's fighting MMA but still no real opponent, shit brock lesnar will fight a big time opponent before cung le will and he just started training MMA about 5 minutes ago lol

cung le is the definition of over rated

14. that diego bullshit was ridiculous. That flying knee WRECKED his dumb ass. :rofl:

15. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

that, and the fact that he is cung le.

the level of fighters he was fighting had steadily gone up and then this.

I think he should have fought a solid B level fighter this time around.

16. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

same here. and if he had just kept his knee on the mat for one extra second he would have been fine.

17. checkii

checkii ฝรั่งตาน้ำข้าว

yeah, something about a grown man on stage cryings and saying he's sorry is just depressing.

18. that's Baroni/Shamrock for me.

19. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

i think his nice guy demeanor outside the ring is a farce

20. Atmosphere

Atmosphere PURPLE DREAM

yeah, i've heard that too, and even slamcock himself said that he puts on a circus just to sell tickets

however, he's contradicted himself so often, i refuse to believe that he's even attempting to be honest

21. FlyingNun

FlyingNun Active Member

epic matchup