GUN Cummins tools came to my town. V. $20 air rifle

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by BigBadJohn, Jan 9, 2007.

1. BigBadJohn

BigBadJohn Pay-back time OT Supporter

Cummins usually sets up 2 times a year and sells tools and outdoor stuff. I felt like wasting some money, so I went down there. Didnt really see any tools I needed, but saw a Chinese air rifle fpr $20. Bought a $7 scope and 2000 pellets for $15 as well

Havent really tried it out yet. Dry fired it a couple times to get all the grease out. The gun was covered in it. Sounds like it has an okay velocity to it. The ad said it was 700 fps, but I dont know.
    Took the rifle out of the stock and wiped it down with rubbing alcohol. Got all the grease off, but looks like they packaged the rifle up in the box before the finish even dried.

Still, not bad for $20 I guess. Ive been wanting something to play around with in town. May build some kind of playwood trap for the pellets and fool around with it in the back yard

I think you can get it off their site as well

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

Sorry to tell you that I had that exact same one and it sucks. You're not even suppose to dry fire it. The guy had a big sign saying "you dry fire you buy" because so many of them broke when people had dry fired.

Mine was inaccurate as hell, every time it would shoot a different way. I paid $9 for it and sold it at my garage sale for $20 though :hsd:

3. twofourtysx

twofourtysx New Member

my friend broke his break barrel when he dry fired it. it still shot but the grouping was absoutly horrible. he exchanged it and the grouping was tits. he never dry fired it ever again

4. krott5333

krott5333 Guest

5. 7

7 First comes smiles, then lies. Last is gunfire.

wtf were you watching?

6. twistid

twistid Banged By Super Models Moderator

i had one about 15 years ago, got it from the back of a magazine... found out the cheapest flathead pellets at walmart, were the most accurate in it... wasted more money on different brands, and styles of pellets... than what i paid for the gun itself.

7. BigBadJohn

Kill Bill Vol. 2

Figured Id see if I could kill a squirrel with it or if its accurate at all
    For the most part though, I bought it just to buy it.
    What brands/models of air rifles are the ones that Im told are one charge rifles that can easily kill small animals?

8. KIDRR

KIDRR Duck dog>* OT Supporter

9. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

Here's my crosman 1077...

[​IMG]

10. BigBadJohn

I already have that one. Its pretty nice. All Ive ever been able to kill with it is small birds though.
    I like the irons on mine. I always seem to hit what Im aiming at. Its alot easier for me to focus on it than some rifle sights

I used to hide out in a barn loft and wat for the birds to line up on the fence at my cousins
    This new pos rifle of mine is the first bb/pellet gun Ive ever had that used a scope :hs: I always remember asking my dad for a scope, but he always told me to get good at using the iron sights first. I got alot better, but still no scope :hs:

11. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

i have a dasiy powerline. i think its daisy, but its powerful as hell. it is like 1050 fps at muzzle with a flat head pellet. ive taken down woodchucks with it at about 15-20 yards. And it makes a killer frog hunting gun as its so quiet that you an go out at night and no one calls the cops. It came with this killer scope but the mounts are fucked up on it so i need new mounts, thanks to my mom droping my gun :eek4:

12. Furner

Furner New Member

if that is a break-barrel spring pellet gun, there are some things you need to know. first, NEVER DRY FIRE IT
    second, the way you hold it dramatically effects the way it fires. the best way to hold it is to REST the forward stock on your hand. or rest it on something solid. there is something about springer airguns that makes the accuracy vary greatly based on how you hold it.

13. BigBadJohn

Shot a coffee can with it. The pellet I used is made of soft lead. Had no problem going through the bottom. I guess that takes care of my question of whether or not it will work on a small animal!

14. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

mine will go through charcoal grills. You know the red m&m shaped ones, It will blow through one side and dent the other side:bowdown:

15. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

My 1077 blew a hole through a shaken up soda can.... What a mess that was.

16. BigBadJohn

I may buy another 1077 and scope that one, but I also think a Tech Force 99 Magnum isnt a bad idea either. 900 fps with .22 pellets.

Would be good enough for taking down even rabbits. And its half the price of some of the other high velocity .22's out there
    Just used my cheapass lever action in the back yard. Its lot more effective w/o the scope. The scope is offset to the right and wouldnt adjust left enough.

Not too bad for $20 but not the best gun
    Got a ricochet off an old wood bench I was shooting 20 yards away. Landed right behind me. I thought it was a part of the gun that broke at first until I found it

17. Unite My Hatred

Unite My Hatred Active Member

why in the fuck do you have a tomato and a fork sitting on a piece of wood next to a gun?

:hsugh:

18. bigboostdsm

bigboostdsm New Member

That's a screwdriver from adjusting the scope and the fork was from dinner the night before. That picture was taken on the bar in my basement...

[​IMG]

19. quadracer420

quadracer420 New Member

^^ your basement rocks :bowdown: :bowdown: