Cube

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by bballe336, Jul 6, 2004.

1. bballe336

bballe336 New Member

anyone else have a powermac g4 cube? i have 2. both 500mhz 1 with 1.5gb of ram the other with 1gb. both have 120gb hard drives and share 3 200gb externals that are on my network.

so does anyone else have a cube?

also i think apple should reintroduce the cube maybe a new g5 model. with everyone(pc manufacturers) making small form factor computers apple could easily get in on the market. it would be nice becuase the cube was the best looking computer ever.

so what does everyone else think?

2. Icedog

Icedog New Member

I like the cube, it's a shame they really didn't catch on :(
    I heard they still have pretty good resell value :dunno:

3. dmora

dmora Guest

Cube was such a cool little machine. :hs: Its too bad its power button, and power adapter were "recalled". :(

4. bballe336

bballe336 New Member

o really i havenever had a problem the power button is like my favorite cas feature i think that if they made a g5 cube it would catch on and spread like a wildfire. when apple put out the g4 cube it was a little ahead of its time like all of apples products but i think now the world is ready for what is over and done with for now. and yes they do have incredibly high resale value my cube could easily sell for 1200.

5. giovannii

giovannii Death

I also have 2 both 450 with 1gb ram and 20 gb hard drives they are connected to my Xserver using a network disk image. I plan to upgrade one of them soon since there are somany processer upgrade cards on the market even some dual g4s that supposedy fit the cube. Truly I can only hope for a G5 version :drool:

6. IcyHot4Life

IcyHot4Life Str8 Ballin'

save them, they'll be collectors items someday :cool:

or just give me one... for safekeeping :embd:

7. bballe336

bballe336 New Member

yes the g5 would rock and i have been looking into thpse cards that promise that but so far none of them actually fit the cube(i called the manufacturers). but if u have a link to one id like to check it out..

8. giovannii

giovannii Death

You can find lots of info here at http://www.cubeowner.com/