WEB CSS IE/Firefox woes

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by RiKuN, Aug 19, 2007.

1. RiKuN

RiKuN New Member

Has anyone had trouble extending a div to the bottom of the page? I'm trying to put a right and left border around my center column. For me its fine if everything fits on the browser window, but as soon as the content goes past the window and you have to scroll, my div just stops. When I try to individually put borders around the sub divs, the right border disappears in IE, but in firefox its fine. My structure is something like this:

<div id="container">
    <div id="top" style="background:url("img.jpg") top left"></div>
    <div id="content"></div>
    </div>

When I put borders around "container", it doesn't go completely to the bottom if I have to scroll.
    When I put borders around "top," the right border only shows up in firefox.
    I've tried min-height:100% and setting everything to height:100%.
    I thought that made it work. But then the right border shows up in "content" but still not in "top" in IE.

2. did you set the overflow to your div to overflow: scroll; ? set that in the css

3. sorry forget my first post, i thought you meant your content wouldn't scroll. try setting the border's height to 100% instead of just min-height. if all else fails, you can open it up in dreamweaver's design view, select the border, and set it's height to whatever % you need. sometimes i have to do that if my coding doesn't work and it seems to work sometimes :dunno:

4. CrazyInteg

CrazyInteg Honda-Acura.net OG

:rofl: Welcome to "wtf it works on Firefox" !!!!!!

Let me introduce you to my friend Mr Javascript (well not actually for this thread)

5. LEGbEND

LEGbEND .