CS 1.6 wtf

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by CHiEFTAiN, Sep 30, 2004.

1. CHiEFTAiN

CHiEFTAiN New Member

i cant re-register my cd key. i haven't played in a few weeks and when i logged on yesterday it was doing some kind of update. when the update was completed, i had to log on again and reenter my cd-key. unlike before, steam now says that my cd key is already in use. wtf?

here's a screenshot

2. sleepy71

sleepy71 Guest

Do you have your own licensed copy? If so, provide that info to the manufacturer. They'll help you out.

3. WyldKat

WyldKat Come with me if you want to live.

You didn't buy this used did you?

I make it a point to never buy any used game that you have to have a CD Key to play online. Especially Valve games, because the multiplayer all ties into Steam. With Steam you have to create an account, then add CD Keys to that account to get them to play online. Once you tie a CD Key to an account you can't use it on another one.

It's the same for MMOs, which EB won't take for trade but will take games like Counter-Strike, the morons.

EDIT: I'd return the copy, tell them it's defective, and don't leave until they give you another copy. Repeat until you get a working one. I think EB will give you a new one if they have no more used ones to trade you.

4. CHiEFTAiN

CHiEFTAiN New Member

its not anyone's disc. this is my own cd key and i dont know wtf is going on.

should i sent everything back to Valve or Half-Life or whatever company?

5. 5Gen_Prelude

5Gen_Prelude There might not be an "I" in the word "Team", but

COuld you have already gone through this process in an earlier version and forgotten?

6. Muchacho_Gasolino

Muchacho_Gasolino New Member

Thats not good, i think that means Steam lost your account info or something. It's supposed to keep your CD key tied to that login and that login only forever no matter what. If you are still using the same login name as you were before when it was working either someone hacked it or valve messed up. Talk to them.

7. CHiEFTAiN

CHiEFTAiN New Member

thats exactly what i think might be going on.

thanks for the advice :bigthumb: