Critque my workout and diet.. v.million

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by corvette racer, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Monday: Biceps, back, deltoids, traps
    Tuesday: Chest and Triceps
    Wednesday: Quadriceps, Hamstrings, Calves, Ab's
    Thursday: Same as Monday
    Friday: Same as Tuesday
    Saturday: Same as Wednesday
    Sunday: Off

I concentrate mostly on my biceps, triceps, chest and AB's. I do 2-3 excercises for each and other exercises that it works them secondary, and I mix it up a lot. I don't go to the gym and do the same excercises every time. I like to switch it up. I do like 10 minute cardio sessions after lifting on my monday,tuesday, thursday and friday and I go hardcore on Wednesday and Saturday.

Quesiton: Am I working too little? Should I do more than 1 muscle twice a week?

Here's my diet.

I probably eat about 2000 calories a day. I have 2 whey protein shakes a day. Eat a SHIT load of oatmeal and high fiber cereal (6+ grams per serving). I eat a lot of salad mixed with tuna. No dressing on it. A lot of eggs. Ugh, let's see what else... that's basically it. I end up binging like every 2 weeks for one day and just eat everything. I need to stop it, probably sets me back.

I just turned 17 and I'm 6' 1'' 180lbs.

I could post a pic too.

2. sprite

sprite Active Member

What is your goal in terms of body composition? From your comments I'd guess cutting. Break down your meals for us... i.e. how often, total cals & macro ratios.

You didn't post any set or rep schemes, but just at a glance I'd say your doing way too much lifting, not too little. Check out this routine as a guideline for a good example... http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=1574598. Notice you only workout 3 times per week, heavy compound movements, and relatively low volume.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.