A&P Critique!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by cftofu2k, Mar 25, 2007.

1. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

This was taken around 3am when the fog was rolling in. It was pitch dark. Used a camera on tripod, 30 sec exposure, and off camera flash to light up the car. A cop came to see what all the flashing were about, then left. B&W cause my car is dirty... :o

[​IMG]

2. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

i can't make out any detail in the car except for a few highlights here and there, i can barely make out a silouette. and the background detracts from the car because it's exposed and the car isn't.

take my opinion with a grain of salt.

3. Hippy

Hippy New Member

i like the shot but i really wonder what it would be like if u moved about 3 feet to the right so that the rea end of the car met up at the edge of the glowing fog. I then think frame it with the two towers on either side of the car and the bridge just above it. i dunno if that framing would work or not, might need like a 100mm and some distance to get it compressed in like that.

4. cftofu2k

cftofu2k OT Supporter

now that i think about it, i probably could've turned on the headlights from my friend's car for some better lighting. he was just parked there :hs:

hippy, that would make an interesting frame. though, what you don't see to the left is a building with a really bright signal light. i wasn't sure how to deal with it so i framed to the right of the bridge. there's probably a better location to try this frame right before the port though.

5. cgper

cgper OT Supporter

were you on newcelica.org couple years back?
    i miss my celica sometimes