A&P Critique this pleaseeeeeeeee

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Jenny Jenn, Sep 14, 2005.

1. Jenny Jenn

Jenny Jenn New Member

I really need honest opinions on this. I really like it but I wanted to see what everyone else thought.

[​IMG]

I've been using manual mode (canon g6) for a while now and I think I'm getting the hang of it, but any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks.

2. Jenny Jenn

Jenny Jenn New Member

unequal framing.... as in maybe I should crop it differently? Thanks for your opinion though, everything helps.

3. looks interesting to me, thanks for the invite to philly :squint:

good luck trying to put a border on that... :)

4. mojito

mojito New Member

you have something, but i wouldn't use flash to reduce the white highlights all over (or is that light coming from natural light from the side?). use a tripod and longer exposures instead. Its a nice tone on the chair itself, really rich color

too tight of a crop, and the background doesn't work at all. You never wants big bright spots that deter from the subject. Your eye naturally goes to the brightest spots on the photo, rather than the subject. I don't get the concept either, a intresting chair in acovered parking structure

5. Definately looks like natural light. I agree that the tone is nice and the crop might be a bit tight.

I like the background though and I think the colors of the chair immediately grab attention. maybe some post editing in photoshop to darken that one bright spot in the upper right woudlnt be bad but I think it's fine :dunno:

6. Cobber

Cobber Wanna touch my bunny hole?

Can you post the orignal?

7. Jenny Jenn

Jenny Jenn New Member

Yes, the light is natural. I also noticed the white spots but there's nothing I could have done really since this was the only shot of it that came out well enough. I can more than likely go back to that spot anytime though so I will probably re-do it after I get all of the suggestions from everyone on here.

8. excessive

excessive New Member

what ISO settings were you using?

I might have gone up one to get a bit more detail on the chair. Interesting subject matter tho :hs:

9. fauxdiophile

fauxdiophile OT Supporter

i like it :dunno:

only thing is the brightness isn't balanced left to right in terms of the background, throws me off a little, but i love the angle