critique this deadlift form

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Mojo, Aug 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i was at the gym today after setting a new PR (in my other thread i created) and one of the gym workers there approached me and we had a chat. he was a cool guy and he wasnt one of those typical bicep/ab guys i always spot around. he eventually told me i should lower my back more since i come up too soon. idk, when i try to lower my back more when performing DL, i cant get much leverage and it usually kills my back. so the deadlift form ive been doing for the past month was just like this man's in this video...

http://www.we-todd-did-racing.com/wetoddimage.wtdr/wMTA0Njc4NzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx

you can see he doesnt have his ass pointed downward as he lifts the bar.. the way this man is doing his DLs in this clip is the same way i do my deads. can anything wrong with that mans form?

2. milani

milani "The best activities for your health are pumping a

Repost.... but his form is fine for him. I mean shit, he's only repping 635...

3. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

he could lean back a lil bit more. in his first one he doesnt shift weight to the heel until the thrust. the next rep he is flat footed the whole time. the last rep he is on his toes.

4. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

rofl @ people critiquing a guy pulling 635 for reps

5. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

just because you can lift a heavy weight doesn't mean you're doing it with the best technique/form.

6. ralyks

ralyks New Member

And just because you've read a few articles doesn't give you the authority to comment on someone else's form, especially when they're stronger than you.

7. michael

michael FLORIDA > *

ohsnapple.

8. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i know everyone has there own ways thru a DL and all but does the form really matter eventhough it works best for you?

i ask because the way that man did his in that clip is very similar to how i do mine. but a man at the gym told me i got my form wrong and said to arch my lower back more and sit lower. i did, but that only killed my lower back. i had everything else set like shoulder behind bar, foot placement, etc etc. within the past weeks, i had no problems with soreness/back pain until i tried DLing by sitting lower and arching lower back.

is getting the DL form correct one of the important issues here or does it only matter if you can lift the bar or not?

9. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

it's not a squat

10. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

and just because i'm weaker doesn't mean i can't be correct. and the authority to comment on someone else's form would come from free speech. if you want to disagree with my comments, go right ahead.

11. khari

khari Guest

Jesus Christ. The whole point of this thread was to criticize and comment on the fucking form.

12. Mojo

Mojo New Member

i looked thru the archives and found this article. http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459744

"While keeping your shoulders rounded you must keep your lower back arched. This will keep the shin straight and the shoulders behind the bar and keep your body in the proper position to pull big while keeping the back under minimal stress." -mistake #3

:dunno:

13. kronik85

kronik85 New Member

your previous 7,595 posts :ugh2:

ibnoavnocare

14. tryfuhl

tryfuhl New Member

exactly, and if i'm not mistaken, number 10 tells you not to squat it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.