TAT Critique this Artist please

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by TwistedMind, May 1, 2009.

1. TwistedMind

TwistedMind New Member

http://www.myspace.com/mental_contortionist

It's a myspace I know lame, Anyways he did a koi for my brother and I think he is a solid artist. He is a friend of mine and hes only been doing tattoos for about a year now so I am a little hesitent to let him work on me yet.

Anyways check out his pics and then tats, my bro's koi is the last one in the album. Any feed back is appreciated, I have come to respect alot of yalls opinons

also www.southtexastattoo.com however the shops site blows it just links to one of the owners myspace. Anyways let me know what you think.

2. notcreative

notcreative New Member

funny, i got my second tattoo close to you, forever art tattoo, from larissa, looked her up and she's still there. (i wouldn't recommend)

looking at your boys portfolio, i'd say he needs to keep practicing. His line work is a little off in a few of the pieces, but not horrible. His color skills aren't quite there but it's obviously improving on each piece. My biggest issue it just seems like he doesn't have alot of imagination, his pieces are really basic.

but if he's your good friend, why not get a piece from him, i wouldn't do something huge or really visible, but it doesn't look like you would be embarrassed by anything he would do. (except that first piece, nosferatu, that was no bueno)

3. notcreative

notcreative New Member

4. onomatopoeia

onomatopoeia onyamomma