A&P Critique these photos please, criticism welcomed!! v.ROUND2 **LARGE PICS**

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Danno, Mar 10, 2004.

1. Danno

Danno Bronx Poodle OT Supporter

Went out today and snapped a couple of more pics, some feed back would be greatly appreciated!

Saint Vincents church at night:
    [​IMG]

Some yard decoration the wife bought:
    [​IMG]

Alright, this is more photoshop than actual picture, but some feed back is also welcomed on this one:
    [​IMG]

2. Ballast

Ballast Cold Heartless Bastard

I like the 1st and the 3rd. The colour on the sundial is interesting.

I think the depth of field is decent in the 2nd pic, but I think it would be better from an angle where you don't see you and the camera in the shot.

not that i know anything about photography... But to restate it, I really lke the sundial. How does the original pic look before PS'ing it?

3. Danno

I knew on the second one that me and the camera being in the shot threw it off, but I couldn't find an angle that got me or the camera out of it.

Unfortunately I think I threw the source image I took of the sun dial in the recycle bin and deleted it. Basicall all EVERYTHING in the image was in focus for some reason. So I blurred the background to begin with then proceeded to photoshop it to what you see there.

I will try and get a similar pic tomorrow of the sun dial to give you an idea of what it was before.

4. Danno

Comments, suggestion, criticisms, anything?

5. Blindsight

Blindsight Guest

I find the 3rd shot really interesting, just like ballast. Also like ballast, I don't really care for the 2nd shot. However I find the 1st shot to have *too* much of an orange coloration to it, those type of orange lights are just nasty IMO and never really produce good light. I can't really suggest any other way to do it, but that church just looks like a very bland subject to me :dunno: The 3rd shot makes up for it all though, keep it up! :big grin:

6. Danno

Thanks for the suggestions. I guess the church looks better in person than it does in photographs. I wish there were better lighting there at night.

7. Danno

I'm out of ideas for the middle pic, I thought of everything I could to try and spruce it up, this is the best I could muster up though...my creative mind isn't here lately.

[​IMG]