A&P critique my wedding postcards!

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by jared_IRL, Mar 11, 2009.

1. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

working on some postcards to use as personal thank you notes/reminders/etc. Gimme some feedback!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Sympathy

Sympathy OT Supporter

#2 > #1
    The second will stand out more from the other stuff i get in the mail.

but: no lens flare = no care :o

3. Mutombo

Mutombo New Member

Personally, I think your logo is a little overwhelming. I'd like it more if it was a little smaller. I also think chicks would rather look at the pretty flowers than your huge 32 Counties logo. :dunno:

4. HighTachPres

HighTachPres New Member

i'd include some shots from previous weddings.
    they'll throw that in the trash right away me thinks.

5. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Naah, no shots of other peoples weddings. I don't really like putting stuff like that out there. On the internets, fine... In a printed portfolio, fine... But not for stuff like this. Just not my style.

Besides, these will largely be for people who have already seen my work. Not for cold calls. So they won't need a reminder of what and how I shoot.

I'm also considering completely removing the logos from the front. Just having the slightly fuzzy, surreal, dreamy looking flower shots... Thoughts on that? I've gotten enough comments about the size and location of the logo on the front that I think it might work better with nothing. But i'm also afraid of people not even bothering to turn it over and see whats on the other side if I do that...

What's OT think?

6. johan

johan Active Member

Love #1. The color palette says young/fresh to me.

#2's deeper fuller reds, and dark folds remind me of ads for those mall lingerie places that cater to plus-sizers.

:wiggle: but it's ok too.

7. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

I like the white/black side a lot, but i'm not a big fan of the colored side of either 1 or 2

8. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

hahaha... thats hilarious. I can see it...

9. jared_IRL

jared_IRL OT Supporter

Come on... I know you have more than that for me... What don't you like? What would you change? Without scrapping the whole idea, of course...

I'm also down for some other ideas, just not ones that have pictures of people. I'm trying to avoid that with these.

10. rambutt

rambutt OT Supporter

this

11. xenon supra

xenon supra OT Supporter

i'm not really sure. i can say for sure that one thing is the transparent letters that show the texture behind it, for some reason i've never been a big fan of that. i know that a lot of people like it though, just not my style. also, the text may be a little too big/ overwelming.

i agree that i wouldn't use people photos either, do you have any good pictures of a wedding cake or the rings? or general decor? maybe that would be something to consider? :dunno:

what is the purpose of these cards, anyways? i'm kind of confused at what they are supposed to be accomplishing.

12. Drunken Karnie Midget

Drunken Karnie Midget In Yeo We Trust, All Others Pay Cash OT Supporter

with #2, people are going to flip it over, even if it's just to check and see if it's junk mail or not. having your logo on the front isn't wholly necessary, and certainly not one that overwhelming. either make it MUCH smaller, and off to the side, or more subtle, or remove it entirely.

and 2>1.