Critique my menu...

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Trickypants, Mar 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trickypants

Trickypants OT Supporter

So I'm a fat ass...:hs:

I used to be about 350+, but lost a bunch and now down to around 260 (I'm 6'5").

Still fat, not cut...but I had a period where I ate pretty bad so I'm trying to cut it down a bit. Here's what I had yesterday:

Oatmeal for breakfast

Apple for mid-morning snack

Grilled chicken salad for lunch (no dressing)

Apple in the afternoon

Chicken and andouie sausage alfredo for dinner (I got on a cooking kick but didn't eat a big portion).

When I lost all the weight originally, I just ate like 1800-2000 calories per day...then I stopped losing all of a sudden. I've heard (on here) I need to eat 'more' to lose...just trying to find a good balance.

Thanks!

2. OTIS

OTIS yous guys want some cookiees? OT Supporter

no protein shakes no care

3. Trickypants

Trickypants OT Supporter

In case ya didn't notice...fatass-Jake doesn't need protein shakes...:(

4. deznutz

deznutz New Member

Are you doing any type of exercise? I think if you are you need to be eating more

5. sprite

sprite Active Member

What is your exercise routine?

Just looking at that, your protein is really lacking. Try the best you can to get 1g/lb of bodyweight, if not more. That means more eggs, lean meats and/or a protein supplement, but try to get as much from whole foods as you can. This is to maintain muscle mass, even if your not working out. If you are burning off your muscle your metabolism is just going to crash and make it that much tougher to lose fat.

You should have some type of protein at every meal, especially breakfast! Oatmeal isn't bad, but it is pretty "calorie dense". You may need to cut back on that a little to make room for some protein and still keep your total calories down. Eggs whites are always a good choice for breakfast, or a shake if you don't have time to prepare eggs.

Apples arent' bad, but definitely sugary. You'd get more fiber & less sugar if you replaced the apples with some type of raw vegetables. You also need some type of protein with your snacks. Beef jerky is easy to carry around, as are mixed nuts. The jerky will have more protein but the nuts will have more healthy fats.

It looks like dinner is your biggest meal... if anything breakfast should be your biggest meal. Some will argue, but I've always had the best results when I spread my calories out more through the day.

Your main meals should all have a good serving of lean meat. I have no fucking idea what "andouie sausage" is, but almost all sausage is fatty. Alfredo & most cream sauces are usually pretty fucking fatty too. Those are shitty fats & calories that you don't have room for, especially at the end of the day when your metabolism is usually winding down anyway.

Also get yourself some EFA supplement(s), fish oil, flax seed oil.

6. Trickypants

Trickypants OT Supporter

I used to do about 35 minutes of cardio and mild weights (not a big weight fan, though I know I really need to do it).

Now I'm doing about 25-30 minutes of cardio per day trying to get back into it...

7. Trickypants

Trickypants OT Supporter

Thanks for the tips...I usually work out in the morning so if I get up a bit earlier I can start doing the eggs instead of oatmeal. Just kind of not a 'morning' person so usually like to save that extra fifteen minutes of sleep.

The alfredo was kind of an 'odd' thing, and ate a pretty small portion of it (especially as to what I wanted :hsugh: )

I'll start doing just chicken and veggies in the evening to make it less of a big meal. Plus, I make a hell of an omelette (egg whites only or not) with salsa and some other seasonings (so shouldn't hurt too much there).

Trying to get into eating 'healthy' calories is just a bit different/more difficult than just cutting calories altogether...:hs:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.