A&P Critique my interior / architecture shots

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by the Rosswog, Mar 14, 2007.

1. the Rosswog

the Rosswog OT Supporter

2. mandarin orange

mandarin orange OT Supporter

some seem too dark and some of the interior ones seem a bit out of focus. like camera shake or something. (first photo for instance)

did you use tripod? did you use a timer?

3. the Rosswog

the Rosswog OT Supporter

the shakiness / softness was a combination of being hand held and using F4 to get the most amount of light possible. looking back, i should have used a higher iso and smaller aperture. that would have given me a sharper image with the same shutter speed.

it was a difficult lighting situation (for me, anyhow) because the rooms were very dark and atmospheric, yet there was blinding light coming through some windows. So I found myself over exposing shots to get it right.. which required a slower shutter and consequently, gave me less than sharp images :hs:

4. 19Godfather86

19Godfather86 New Member

I think most of your angles are nice. I think next time you should definitely bring your tripod, especially if you're shooting indoors at F4. With a tripod you could have been shooting at F8 or F9, ISO 100 and gotten away with nicely saturated, nicely exposed, and most importantly, sharp images. Then you could have boosted your ISO/opened up your lens for the weirder angles, like the over the banister shot.

5. the Rosswog

the Rosswog OT Supporter

I bought a Manfrotto tripod last month, and I haven't gotten used to lugging it around yet. I guess i'm just not used to carrying and setting up my photo gear everywhere i go.

I find that whenever I have a photo opportunity, I seem to rush through it and the photos suffer. I'm going to have to work on being more patient. :o

6. :bigthumb: don't forget cable release