Critique my diet!!

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by Machiavelli, Jul 13, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Machiavelli

Machiavelli Guest

• Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs + 1 yoke and 1.5 scoop ON Whey
    • Lunch - either a chargrilled chicken sandwich from Chick-fil-a or foot long chicken breast sandwich on italian bread from Subway or a chicken salad from wendys
    • Dinner - more chicken breast but this time it's homemade :eek3: and dipped in italian dressing :eek3::eek3::eek3:
    Then I take a scoop of Satur8 fruit punch flavor (this stuff is way too sweet but I usually just gulp it down)
    ----workout----​
    • 4th meal - 2 scoops of whey
    I'm 6'1 and weigh about 190 and have a body fat of 19.3% according to this thing

http://www.stevenscreek.com/goodies/pi.shtml
    Not sure if I should cut down on the weight or just bulk up from where I'm currently at.

2. SoySauciAl

SoySauciAl Guest

your going to eat that everyday? it will get tiring, trust me.. try and mix it up a little, even different ways of preparing/ seasonings for the chicken.. lean steak? salmon is good too.

also, 1 cheat day a week will keep you on track if you need it.. just dont overdo it and get 3 bigmacs and kfc for dinner.

3. Machiavelli

Machiavelli Guest

I've actually been doing this for about 2-3 weeks now, but of course I mix it up a little bit every now and then. :rofl:

4. ccrooks

ccrooks New Member

Estimate #1 based on height and weight
    Your "Ponderal Index" is 12.34 which gives an estimated body fat of 27.0% (47.2 pounds of fat)

Estimate #2 based on waist size and weight
    Estimated body fat of 9.1% (15.9 pounds of fat)

:bowrofl:

5. kilian

kilian You've got quite a treasure there in that Horadric OT Supporter

Yea the first one says I'm at like 34%.
    Second one obviously is supposed to account for yaknow... people actually having muscles... and bones... and stuff.

6. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

there are a lot of problems with this thread. Not sure where to start but I'll try.

1. are you looking to slim down or are you looking to add pounds?

in either case you're clearly not eating enough. 4 meals a day will NOT cut it. If you're trying to gain weight you won't do it that way and if you're losing weight you certainly won't do it that way

I recommend assessing your goals, pick a side...diet or bulk? Then we go from there.

2. Why in the holy fuck are you eating at Wendy's and Subway? Pack a lunch and bring it with you. its cheaper and better in the long run.

3. see issue 1 again and set smaller goals for yourself that will get you to your longer and more difficult goal.

7. Machiavelli

Machiavelli Guest

I appreciate your input...

I guess I want to get down to 180lb. and bulk up from there. I can easily get there so that's not a problem because my weight fluctuates like crazy.

What type of meal plan do you recommend then? I don't eat tuna so I've replaced that with chicken breast. I don't have a gym membership during the summer because it's not worth it for me. When I go back to college in a month, I'll get a free membership to their gym...
    I do have a olympic weight bench at home with dumbells, curling bars, free weights etc... so I try to get the most use out of these even though it limits my exercise options.

8. whatjesusate

whatjesusate New Member

i think that body fat estimator sucks.. this is what it told me:
    "Estimate #1 based on height and weight

Your "Ponderal Index" is 13.87 which gives an estimated body fat of -4.0% (-4.1 pounds of fat)

Looks like you better put on some weight!

Estimate #2 based on waist size and weight

Estimated body fat of -11.1% (-11.4 pounds of fat)"

9. Shamrock

Shamrock I can in end the world in a Holocaust OT Supporter

Estimate #1 based on height and weight

Your "Ponderal Index" is 11.78 which gives an estimated body fat of 38.2% (80.3 pounds of fat)Estimate #2 based on waist size and weight

Estimated body fat of 16.1% (33.8 pounds of fat)

says i should loose 50+ pounds :)

10. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Ok, now I know this is fucked up. I got the same numbers, basically, and I know you are waaay leaner than I am.

Teh Intraweb does NOT noe how fat u R!

:mamoru:

11. Plan B

Plan B New Member

Wholy sodium, you're going to bloat :eek3:

12. T-R-T

T-R-T New Member

What sodium?

13. Sgt. Dignam

Sgt. Dignam Guest

Alright, so you want to lose weight before getting toned up, is that about right? If not you're going to lose 10lbs nad then put it right back on and not be any further than you are right now. I recommend getting down to where you're happy with how you LOOK, forget your weight for now.

I'd recommend that you eat as lean as possible, control your calories. Carbs should be reduced gradually while your protein intake should remain the same (for now). Your ratio of carbs/protein/fats should be 40/50/10 right now and then reduce reduce reduce and kick up your cardio for the summer.

Start mildly on your weight resistance training for now, you have a good month/month 1/2 to get accustomed to training before heading back to school.

What Id do is get more MEALS in per day.

Meal 1: 40g protien/30 carbs/15fats

Meal 2: 40g protein/20 carbs/15 fats

meal 3: 30 protein/20 carbs/15 fats

Meal 4: 30/20/20

Meal 5 (Post WOrkout): 40/25/15

Meal 6: 20/15/15

so you're now at 200/130/95. Although the carbs do look low right now, you can play with them and kick them up to about 150 but make sure that they are consumed more so in the morning part of your day for obvious reasons.

increase your water consumption as well...nearly a gallon.

I know that this is a very vague diet and information provided is general, its that I don't know what you really look like, body type, physcial activity you already partake in, eating patterns/habits, metabolism, and your overall actual bodyfat. So take from it what you can and I hope it helps.

14. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

italian dressing for one

15. Machiavelli

Machiavelli Guest

Thanks a lot, man. I really appreciate your help... :bowdown:

Yeah I'm not worried about my weight but I just want to become more cut and gain muscle. I'm going to heed your advice and hopefully it will work.

Thanks again! :bigthumb:

16. Plan B

Plan B New Member

the lunch alone is enough

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.