Critique my diet if you please

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by k624ash, Jun 25, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. k624ash

k624ash New Member

So I started keeping track of my calories

Tuesday
    calories 2,828
    fat 88g 27%
    carbs 319g 43%
    protein 220g 30%

Wednesday
    calories 2,757
    fat 75g 24%
    carbs 320g 45%
    protein 226 31%

I starting eating a bit more this week, so those calories are slightly above what i have been eating, which has been keeping me around the same weight. I'm probably eating 200-300 calories more then I had been.

My goal is to slowly gain lean mass, Im nice and cut right now and I want to keep it that way the best I can.
    Im 6'3" and 180lbs right now.
    Dont really know body fat, maybe around 10%?

How does this split look for my goals?

2. Toxicity

Toxicity New Member

It's not bad i suppose. High carbs but you're bulking so who really gives a fuck? Would be more informative if you posted the actual foods.

3. k624ash

k624ash New Member

Im logging it all on fitday, how do i copy paste it to here? Ill go play with it

4. k624ash

k624ash New Member

im such a newb

5. ErwinRommel

ErwinRommel New Member

print screen, paste into word paint, host the file on aww-kittah-aww, paste into thread

6. k624ash

k624ash New Member

i apologize for being a computer moron

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Today is looking pretty much the same as those two

7. k624ash

k624ash New Member

any comments now that ive posted the foods?

8. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Macros + total calories > anything else. Give it two weeks and see if you're getting your results. Adjust as needed :dunno:

9. Bacchus

Bacchus Skinny Guy

you're eating pretty clean - other then the steak roll, imo.

i'd question teh v8 fusion, as even if its 100% juice, it may have some refined sugars added. but if its really 100% , then rock on

10. Anabolic Pop-Tarts

Anabolic Pop-Tarts New Member

Diet looks pretty good. Calories may be a little low for you to gain at 6'3" and 180. Time will tell. If you're not gaining in a couple of weeks, add 200-500 cals.

11. k624ash

k624ash New Member

I guess the calories are low, i feel like i eat a lot though, i eat when im not hunrgy.
    As far as the juice, im not too concerned, im pretty lean, pretty much have to force feed myself to put on weight. Thought it might be a good idea to start the day with some sugars from fruit.

I know ill adjust after a few weeks, im just trying to nail down the starting point as good as i can, save some time and effort.

Dinner is the meal i dont really control, i live at home and my mom cooks. I can control my portions but not the foods. Most of the time its good foods though, cause thats what me and my bro ask for, but sometimes its cheesesteaks or pizza or something. Wont kill me a few times a week though.

12. Elfling

Elfling New Member

Nope, it won't. I'll get flamed but I'm not a proponent of pure "clean" eating. Leanest I've ever been I was living off jelly beans and poptarts as my carb sources :mamoru:. If you take care of protein, vitamins, essentials like fish oils, and eat sufficient fruit/veggies, it really doesn't matter whether you're getting your carbs from oatmeal or white rice or poptarts.

13. k624ash

k624ash New Member

I lost a lot of fat while i was drinking way too much alcohol, kept my muscle too. I drink heavy at least once a weekend usually, its alright, i cut back a lot from how much i used to drink. Losing fat is not my problem, i ate like a beast for a while and gained some fat, then it all fell right off with little to no effort.

14. gimpshiznit

gimpshiznit OT Supporter

how old are you? your alcohol intake not impacting your leanness makes me think you are 20 years old :mamoru:
    im only 24 and i have noticed how shitty my recovery from a drunken night has become. and it makes me fat as shit.

and yea...getting 3000+ cals while eating clean is quite difficult. you will always feel full and it will become a chore :hs:

good luck and happy trails :h5:

15. k624ash

k624ash New Member

yea im not even hitting 3000, im sure i could if i tried though.

yea im 22 as of wednesday, so still nice and young, makes this shit a bit easier, plus my family is all just tall and skinny as hell. Putting on muscle isnt impossible for me, but i do have to make an effort in order to gain weight and keep it on.

Maybe after a few weeks if in not really gaining ill look into mass gaining products?

16. gimpshiznit

gimpshiznit OT Supporter

im not an expert in gaining.
    but in a couple weeks if you arent gaining....as was already mentioned, try increasing your calorie intake some more

17. k624ash

k624ash New Member

Ive been getting close to 3000 cals a day, and my protien/carbs/fat ratio is almost always 30/40/30
    Its only been about 2 weeks, but i swear im getting leaner, which is good, but im trying to build muscle. I dont have accurate scale numbers for those two weeks, i switched scales recently, but i may have lost a pound or so. If I were to take in more calories should i focus on fats, proteins, or carbs?
    As it is im taking in about 1.4 grams of protein per lb of lbm

also im trying to keep this as a clean bulk, last time i bulked i was able to put on lbs but i gained a lot of fat then too. I was downing chocolate milk like a beast

18. JeremyD

JeremyD New Member

Eat some fucking meat!!!

you like 1 egg white and a baby can of tuna.

Good luck putting on quality mass with that.

19. k624ash

k624ash New Member

my diet has been slightly modified since the fitday posts. Ive been starting my day with 3 eggs and a cup of oatmeal, and ive had chicken for dinner the past 3 nights.

Im getting 220-250 grams of protein a day, but if you seriously think the area i need to step up in calories is meats thats what i might try. Go for like 35-40% of my daily cals from protein? seems a bit high, anyone else?

I was thinking maybe the fats could go up a bit, start putting natty pb into my shakes

20. Daria

Daria New Member

take a loot at timber's entries in "what are you eating right now?" thread :mamoru:

21. k624ash

k624ash New Member

ill look but hes on a whole different playing field

22. Daria

Daria New Member

:rofl: yeah, although some of the stuff he eats isn't "clean", he's ingesting alot of protein.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.