Critique me please

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by bigman7903, Sep 17, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

Alright, i'm back at school and living on a school diet, which as all you know is pretty shitty. I'm trying to lose weight (i'm a converting fat kid, i was up to 280 or so 2 years ago, i'm down to 220-230 now), i want to be down to around 180, then bulk back up to 200-210, i want to wrestle 197. any criticism would be awesome, thanks guys

Breakfast
    Protein shake w/ water (2 scoops) (240 calories, 2g fat, 1 gram sugar, 3g carbs)
    vitamins
    fish oil (3 caplets)
    Sometimes i'll have an egg, bagel, and slice of american cheese, but not always

Mid morning (1130ish)
    3-4 oz of turkey
    1 slice provolone cheese
    1 Pita (prolly 8" in diameter, i don't know for sure)
    handful of hard pretzels

Mid afternoon post workout (lifting)
    Protein shake w/ water (2x)
    fish oil (3x)

Dinner
    3-4 oz of turkey
    1 tortilla
    1 slice provolone
    handful of pretzels
    usually some piece of fruit (w/e is available, i had a peach yesterday, and a plum today)

Workout #2 (practice, wrestling or rugby)
    Protein shake w/ water (2x)
    Fish oil (3x)

Late night meal (10pm, I dont go to bed until around 1am, so its not too late?)
    1 egg (skillet, no butter, they use a spray)
    1 piece american cheese
    1 bagel

Workout (I snagged this from the bench press thread the other day, i wanted to try something a lil more efficient time wise, i dont have the time to spend 1.5 hours in the gym 3 days a week, i would prefer 45 min 5 days a week)

Monday: Chest
    • flat bench
    • incline bench
    • dumbbell flies

Tuesday: Back
    • diagonal bar pick ups (i don't know the name for these, you put weight on one end of the bar, and put the empty end in the corner of the room, stradle the bar, and pull the bar up to your chest)
    • bent-over rows
    • closegrip pulldowns
    • calf raises

Wednesday: Shoulders
    • behind-the-neck military presses
    • laterals
    • hangcleans
    • shrugs

Thursday: Biceps/Forearms
    • seated dumbbell curls
    • preacher curls
    • calf raises

Friday: Triceps
    • close-grip bench
    • reverse bench
    • weighted dips
    • skull crushers

I don't currently do legs outside of minor stuff due to bad knees, i'm working on my second surgery in 16 months, microfracture

2. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

? please

3. Rumbaar

Rumbaar Inherent Omniscience OT Supporter

Sleep more. The last meal shouldn't be after around 7:30-8pm and you should be getting at least 8+ hours of sleep.

My only 'Critique' :)

4. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Don't skip breakfast EVER. That's the one that's going to get your metabolism going. You need those carbs with that first meal. Whole wheat toast, bagel (not an english muffin as they provide nothing but empty calories), turkey bacon (quick 2:30 in the microwave and it's good to go), granola, etc.

The 3-4oz of turkey in your meals should be kicked up to like 4-6oz or so. You undercut your calories too much and your body will go into a starvation mode and store the fat instead of burning it.

The little bit of fish oil that your taking isn't enough fat. It's not about cutting all the fat outta your diet it's all about keeping a good mix of protein, fat, and carbs.

Keep track of everything on FitDay.com It's free. I use it all the time when I go on cutting cycles. It's great for keeping track of your food intake.

5. t4johnson20

t4johnson20 New Member

The absolute best advice you can give/get.....there is nothing that will limit your growth as much as not getting enough sleep.

6. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

what about whole grain english muffin? i've got some here that are whole wheat and do not use unbleached flour.

7. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Those should be fine as long as they aren't the normal bleached flour ones. Nothing wrong with some natural peanut butter or real butter on them.

8. moses

moses OMGWTFBBQ

thats exactly what i do :bigthumb:

9. bigman7903

bigman7903 OT Supporter

the 3-4 oz of turkey is an estimation, it really depends on who makes it for me (we don't prep the food :ugh: )

They are the standard Thomas english muffins, white :hs:

I rarely skip breakfast, i usually save a egg sandwich for breakfast, but if i dont have that, i usually have the protein shake and maybe a thing of carnation instant breakfast (sugar free)

I will start taking more fish oil

Sleep is difficult due to my goofy ass schedule, i usually get about 7, 6 here or there, 8 here or there

10. φ

φ Eugenics is the self-direction of human evolution.

They are called t-bar rows. Do your military presses infront of your head.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.