A&P Critique a beginners shots

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by yorktonite, Apr 23, 2005.

1. yorktonite

yorktonite New Member

I'm just wondering if anyone would be able to critique my shots. I'm some what of a beginner to photography and looking for any possible types of tips to make me better. Looking for honest opinions whether it be good or bad. These shots were taken with a Canon Powershot A85. Thanks.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. SpiderOnTheFloor

SpiderOnTheFloor New Member

i really like the second one....i think the third one is pretty good too, but the second takes the prize..about that first one, well, i think the composition is the main problem...the ground is too overpowering and the composition is not that strong...try getting closer and moving the building around in the frame

3. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

very nice for a beginner!

4. WiLL

WiLL Active Member

You have a good eye for things :hs: And yes, the first one, I would have pointed up a bit. There is too much brown ground that steals the attention. And I dont like the harsh shadow on the front of the barn

Good stuff :big grin:

5. vizual

vizual → 190½ ЯBI ←

I like the composition of the first two, the colors are great too. And while I don't mind the horizon being slightly skewed in 2nd, it doesn't work with the first picture (or 3rd for that matter). That's the only thing I'd change, which could be fixed in photoshop. Just pay a little more attention to that next time you are out shooting. :bigthumb:

6. TypeSDragoon

TypeSDragoon Guest

exactly

these are very good :cool:

7. sony

sony Active Member

8. yorktonite

yorktonite New Member

Thanks for the feedback everyone, much appreciated.

Just wanted to make sure I was on the right track when taking these pictures. From what you guys have told me it seems like I can make a photo that much better with such a quick tip.

48, good stuff, I liked the tutorial, and I'll have to give it a try with these pictures once I get a little more free time on my hands.

To bad I didn't read this thread before I went out tonight taking pictures,
    would have made things better. But none the less, here are a couple more from earlier tonight.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]