A&P criticism needed v.noob.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by CoOkieS, Jan 8, 2008.

1. CoOkieS

CoOkieS New Member

just got my camera about a week ago..canon xti with just a kit lens..how are these pictures? comments please :).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Jhegro

Jhegro wtf is a jhegro?

i'll say what everyone else will end up saying.

1. rule of thirds. theres a time to use it and a time not to.
    3. they look like snapshots
    4. take more pics for practice.

3. Spurious

Spurious New Member

Well... They're not amazing, but that's about what you can expect with kit lens.

The built-in flash isn't so great, in fact I don't use it for anything except fill-light outside or with a diffuser as a small boost, using it as your sole light-source (without a diffuser) is going to create harsh images with ugly shadows and is going to give your photos the snapshot look they have. The kit lens being as slow and soft as it is, you're still not getting sharp shots and you probably wont unless you're outdoors or in studio light.

You seem to be shooting a lot at ~50mm, so I would suggest you get the 50mm 1.8 prime, it's the cheapest lens you can get, but is one of Canon's sharper lenses. You can get them for about $70 from Amazon/Adorama and the value is just amazing, but don't get used to spending so little on lenses and getting decent results. It's a fast lens that will let you take pictures indoors without the flash as long as you have decent room lighting.

http://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-...tronics&qid=1199779802&tag=ee10j975-20&sr=8-1

Start shooting during the day, read the ebooks in the stickies, especially the ones about exposure and composition.