SRS creepy...

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by gman427, Sep 1, 2007.

1. gman427

gman427 New Member

Lately, for the past 3 months everytime i look at a digital clock in the night and morning. It always say 9:11, now am I'm bymyself in this or what.

2. Speed_Demon1965

Speed_Demon1965 New Member

The number 9/11 is significant in your mind, thus you remember it more than other times that you see when you look at the clock. Not a big deal. Happens to people a lot, even with other times. Just means that number is something significant to them and it's just a coincidence.

3. Legend Zero

Legend Zero OT Supporter

yeah i will always notice 6:24, i think i know why, but it would be safe to assume it is just a number that is recognizable to you.

4. Lucky Penny

Lucky Penny Mr. cut me some slack cause I don't wanna go back,

My mom said that growing up she always noticed the time when it was 10:10. Funny enough, that was the time I was born. She even joked with the nurses at the hospital that I would be born at 10:10- and I was. :eek3: :)

5. derivative

derivative OT Supporter

I hear this phenomenon of people always seeing 11s whenever glancing at a digital clock.

6. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

I had a thing a few months back where I would wake up and look at the clock everyday for 2-3 weeks at 2:23am.

7. Bulleit Bourbon

Bulleit Bourbon New Member

i see 11:11 all the time, and my mum see's 444. but i read this thing it says that your brain sort of remebers things more than usual, like say you got a new car, now you see it alot more now (others peoples cars like on the road or what ever) its because your brain recognizes it and it is alot easier to see over and over again, and if you think about how often you look at the time wich is a fair bit you will notice those numbers because uve seen it once thought about it saw it again not long after and then youve got like a sort of photograph memory of it or what ever, this wasnt very good explaining i cant really be bothered thinking more about this but that's sorta my idea behind this, and if you tell someone that this hapens to u it can hapen to them cos i said to my friend the 11:11 thing now he see's it to its just like i guess ur brain recognizes more than other numbers.

lol and the other day i was listening to a song on my phone and then walked in and my computer was playing it aswell wich was weird, and sometimes i think about a song and then it plays lol pretty weird shit. makes you think a hell of alot, but im a deep thinker. any way ill stop talking shit now.:)

8. Bulleit Bourbon

Bulleit Bourbon New Member

lol alarm?

9. Matt550

Matt550 New Member

Not my alarm. Maybe one of the other units in my apartment building.

10. 2500

2500 Guest

it might also be if your on a schedual everyday, thats the same, maybe around 9 or so your just at that point where your gettin ready to go out, or, about to get off work, or something, and you generally look at the clock around the same time. i see 9-11 alot also. but, its prolly not alot, its just that my mind remembers "oh, 9:11 again." i notice 11:11, 6:27, 10:27 too.

11. SpectraRedZ

SpectraRedZ New Member

I tend to notice the clock saying 9:11 also. I thought it was freaky for a bit, but then I figured it was only because of the significance of those numbers.