Creating Romance in A Relationship

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Guz200sx, Feb 17, 2007.

1. Guz200sx

Guz200sx The man who does more than he is paid for will soo

I think I can be romantic....But thinking back, I don't think I have ever been.
    I mean I know I've brought flowers for a girl on her birthday or Valentine's Day or even just to bring her flowers, just for the hell of it. But are those things really romantic??

How else can I be romantic???

What are some romantic things to do??

Can I still be romantic even if the girl lives 3hrs away???

2. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

flowers are not romantic

valentine's day is not romantic

romance is passion. Its the feelings that you both get when you look in each others eyes, and its the physical passion that exists when you make love.

Gifts can be romantic, but they have to be unexpected and from the heart.

We had a thread in the main forum about women's reactions to getting flowers and several women confirmed that its not romantic and they don't feel special.

3. kiri

kiri New Member

it depends how you feel about the person... i think the most important thing is, like the poster above said, it must be unexpected and from the heart. i got flowers on valentine's day this year completely unexpectedly and it felt absolutely amazing. but if a guy was giving me flowers like every other week then it wouldn't feel that great. do things that are romantic but also meaningful/practical. like give her a present that she's been needing/wanting for a while just for no reason. don't go overboard though or it'll lose its effect.

4. Yail Bloor

Yail Bloor OT Supporter

watch the movie Don Juan DeMarco

5. fray

fray New Member

I think it is romantic when my boyfriend thinks of me or about our relationship for no good reason. Like if he is at the grocery store and he just thinks "she really likes orange juice, I'll bring her some orange juice"...that's romantic. Or when he is randomly tells me "I'm really glad I'm with you" because he's thinking about it. That's what I like.

6. affende

affende Resident 4X4 Elitest Prick

you cant creat romance, IMO

either it is in the relationship, or it isnt .... you will know either way

sometimes it takes time for a relationship to reach the romance level

if you have been dating for 5 years, and there is no romance, dump her and pick up a hooker

7. ArthurPewty

ArthurPewty New Member

I don't think hiring a prostitute is romantic, but I have to agree that romance flows from the relationship, not just one person. I find that I've been more romantic (at least in my mind) with some of the people I've dated than others.

For me a big part of romance is being spontaneous and somewhat playful. If the relationship allows for that, then it is more likely to be romantic.

Also, different people have different ideas of romantic (from the classic Romeo and Juliet serenading with a guitar romantic to slow dancing at the T station at 11 on a Thursday). If person A doesn't appreciate the person B's sense of the romantic, then person B may feel that the relationship has little romance.