creatine question

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by DeuceJuice, Jun 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeuceJuice

DeuceJuice New Member

i was on an ethyl ester formula for 3-4 months, and it what it said it would do, did give me a nice pump for the gym and some moderate muscle gains, plus the fact that the water retention was minimal and there was no crazy mass/weight fluctuation was nice. but it wasnt really that potent. im now using the pure creatine monohydrate formula (looks/tastes like chalk) for the first time. MY MAIN CONCERN IS AVOIDING/LIMITING THE WATER RETENTION. ive heard that cycling on and off with glutamine is a good idea (6wk periods) but what is the best way to get off CMH when im done? slow the doses or go cold turkey? anything else you tell me about the topic would be great.

2. DCyamaha

DCyamaha O-line found

i was under the impression that CEE was just as "potent" as mono.

3. DeuceJuice

DeuceJuice New Member

creatine malate formulas are more "efficient" because they are easily transported in water (the cell's medium). it is malic acid with creatine monohydrate molecules attached around it. therefore, it can be transported into the muscle cell WITHOUT a transporter. therefore, more of what you take in is pure creatine, and less of it is water. but ive seen the effects of monohydrate on others and the effects of malate on me.

i work out very efficiently, and i am building a lot of strength. when 6 months ago i was barely benching 150 a couple times, and now im hitting 180 10x, i know there is a big physical improvement. but im still a normal sized dude. i dont plan to change my regimen, im very satisfied with it. i just want a little more bulk.

btw, i get much more than enough protein / good carbs / good fats all day, as well as water (though i could do better on the water part). i eat well, so i know that isnt a problem. maybe im just impatient? idk, w/e you perspective can be offered is useful.

4. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

i never cycle off creatine. water retention is highly exaggerated

5. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

I took monohydrate since I started workin out 9 months ago with no break. I recently took a week off from the gym and I stopped creatine cold turkey. I've been off for 12 days and I'm just starting to not look so soft in certain areas. How long does it take to drop the water weight?

6. Titus

Titus New Member

like preomo said, there is no reason to cycle off creatine, i stay on year round.

7. DeuceJuice

DeuceJuice New Member

i know it takes just over a month to completely restore muscle water levels to normal. but i disagree with the idea that you should NEVER get off creatine. i thought it was a temporary way to get big muscle gains, and then you spend the rest of the time preserving that muscle. otherwise... what, you stay on forever? is that ok?

8. jmezz

jmezz layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours

Yeah it's ok to keep on it for long periods of time.

I recently read that Creatine loses its effectiveness the longer you take it. I took a break from liftin so I figured I'd take a little break from Creatine as well and see what happens when I get back on it after a month or two.

9. DeuceJuice

DeuceJuice New Member

i heard about that... but apparently thats only if ur using like 10-20g of pure creatine daily (crazy doses... 5g is max recommended for new users, i do 5 pre- and 5 post-workout)

10. Marijuanair

Marijuanair Remember to have your pet spayed or neutered! OT Supporter

would there be any reason not to take both? Both have some positives right? OTF&N sack rides CEE hard, but I've read nothing but lackluster reviews other places so I've been sticking with my mono for now cause I have a ton of it :dunno:

11. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

you read too many ads :ugh:

12. DeuceJuice

DeuceJuice New Member

OR..... my health & wellness professor explained the compound structure of creatine malate, and the transport system for me. but you live in my pocket, so its all good. dont touch my wallet.

btw he sold me some BSN estrogen b/c, well........ its BSN

13. Ceaze

No studies no care. There isn't any scientific evidence of that.

14. el es dee

el es dee ...through a cloud of chalk and the midst of pain.

dont argue with him, make your life easier, just accept the fact that hes right

15. Ceaze

it's probably tize

16. ralyks

ralyks New Member

Thie stupidity in this thread makes my head hurt.

17. PreemO

PreemO OT Supporter

:mamoru: creatine is endocytosed?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.