creatine info: different manufacturers

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by emokid, Mar 4, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. emokid

emokid New Member

Hey, first post so sorry if this is a repost, but I didn't see anything in the creatine thread in the F&N archive and I thought this information would be useful to some people - I sure wish I read it before I went and bought creatine. I also wouldn't mind getting some people's opinions on this stuff.

Cliffs: There are three main countries that manufacturers source their creatine from: China, Germany and the US. The quality of creatine from these countries differs greatly however with Chinese creatine having the highest levels of impurities (thought to be due to outdated manufacturing techniques and limitations in workplace sanity). German creatine is thought to be far and away the most pure (espeically in the case of "Creapure" branded creatine - see below).

Indepth article about the differences in different manufacturers’ creatine. It goes through and explains the main toxins found abundant in inferior creatine and shows a table of the amount of each chemical found in different samples of Chinese, US and German creatine:
    http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/creatine-monohydrate-2.html

Creapure is guaranteed to be the highest in quality, purity and safety. When the HPLC (High Pressure Liquid Chromatography or High Performance Liquid Chromatography) analysis is done on it, no impurities are detected.
    More importantly, dihydrotriazine, potentially the most harmful impurity, is not detectable in Creapure at all! Keep in mind, HPLC analytics can quantify impurities as low as 13 ppm for dicyandiamide (DCD), 67 ppm for creatinine and 15 ppm for dihydrotriazine and none of these are detected.
    More info: http://www.mens-total-fitness.com/creapure.html

So yeah, for noobs who were wondering about what brand of creatine to get, hopefully this helps. Although what do you pros think about this info? Bullshit? I'm not really familiar with the source but it seemed unbiased. The reason I looked this stuff up was because a guy at my supplement store was telling me about it and I was reasearching to see if he was bullshitting to get me to buy some overpriced creatine.

2. Peqkx

Peqkx Active Member

wow first post nice :eek3:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.