Crazy old relationship - Keep getting the urge to Ressurect! Help!

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by Chabaz, Feb 15, 2006.

1. Chabaz

Chabaz OT Supporter

She was my best friend - Amber..and we had known each other since seventh grade.

We were great friends up until about eleventh grade - when we started dating...then loved each other - and always talked about getting married; and spending the rest of our lives together; etc, etc.

Anyways...we broke up at the end of senior year over some dumb shit - (just wasn't getting along, she wanted to take a trip to florida with a 'guy' friend).

So yeah I dumped her..she was crying and wanted to get back together - but I wasn't having it.

I definetly secretly missed her for about a couple months or so - but just got through it...and continued on my life.

I haven't had sex since then - which was about a year ago - which is not really a problem at all with me; considering I just like to go out and have fun however possible.

Anyways...I've noticed myself thinking about her now more than ever, even dreaming about her. It's creepy really. I never thought that I would even think about her - or have feelings about her again - but it seems as if this could all change.

I haven't really seen her in over a year either - and we definetly left on bad terms; but there is this little twitch in my brain that keeps telling me - that we still might have something...either now - or sometime down the road; you never know.

Anyways...I don't know her e-mail address, phone number, or AIM name - and I have been trying to get ahold of her - but I cannot..

Strangely enough she lives about a block down the road from me - and I pass it every day on my way to work. But she lives with her mother, step-dad, and two siblings...So I totally could not just stop by - Like I would just feel soo goddamn weird stopping back at my ex-best friend/girlfriends house that I haven't been in a year or so - even though I've had alot of great experiences at that house.

Her mom adored me too...I don't know - it just feels/sounds crazy I know - but I had to tell someone about this.

What would you guys suggest? Do you think I am just imagining all this in my brain..should I really grow two pairs of balls and just stop by down there?

Should I get her mothers house number?

This is driving me mad I tell you MAD! :o

2. DadLife

DadLife New Member

1. get the number and call
    or
    2. wait until you see her outside and THEN stop it wont be so weird that way. (that is IF she is ever outside when you drive by)
    or
    3. sack up and be a man and go knock on the door and if she is not home talk to her family and leave her a note or something with your contact info.

Hell you could have put a NON romantic note in the mailbox on V-Day

I dunno there is alot of different ways to go about it.

3. To0C0oL

To0C0oL New Member

Just go up and knock on the door... If the mother adored you around, then I highly doubt she will turn a friendly face around and not let you in for a chat..

4. PocoDiablo

PocoDiablo New Member

Grow up. You had a relationship and it did not work out. It is unlikely to work out again, because she won't trust you to work through problems without dumping her. Put it this way - it's like you sank her boat and now you want to haul it back up to the surface, paint it, and call it new? No, it's too late for that.

Go to some clubs, concerts, bookstores, or where ever you meet women and find a new woman to date.

5. dollarbill

dollarbill New Member

If you want her, you gotta just go and talk to her.

6. mestizo

mestizo New Member

I'm in the same boat - cept its been about 1.5 yrs since I broke it off with my ex, and the same length since I've had sex.

The lack of sex drive or interest in girls probably has to do with lack of game just as much as lack of interest. When I was dating her I only saw the bad, but in hindsight, I was the bad element in the relationship and it would've been so easy to fix. And now I miss it so much that I convince myself I'm not even interested in someone else.

I did well for the first year, but lately shes been coming back to me; whether its just random thoughts, hearing a song that reminds me of her, or dreams.

I sent her a message on facebook asking if she wanted to get together sometime and hang... nearly two years later. We tried last summer but it just never happened; both in different cities. I figured at least it might give me some kind of closure, otherwise I'll always ask myself "what if?" when thinking about the girl I once, and still do, love.

I can't help but wonder sometimes if she ever thinks about me... and I feel so selfish for it.

7. McFly

McFly New Member

If it is really on your mind and you really want to talk with her, there is nothing wrong with stopping by her house. People are so afraid of the face to face meeting these days, stop hiding behind phones/email/IMs. There is no harm in stopping by and saying hello. You might be surprised at what you find...

8. Pringles

Pringles New Member

Use the mail?

9. Untow Bo

Untow Bo New Member

Sounds like a typical high school situation. Those years mean big changes in people's lives and almost everyone wants to try something and someone new, have new experiences after they graduate. It's called growing up. Most people who try to relive those times realize they are better left as memories as reality is rarely as good.

If you want to say hello, just stop by her place one day. I'm sure mom will be happy to see you and she might be too, if only to know that youre OK. If you want to see if the heat is still there, go for a walk with her and tell her what you've been feeling. Just don't expect her to feel the same way as she did when you were together.

If nothing else you'll get this one out of your head and you can officially move on to someone else.