GUN Crazy bitch at the mall

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by hsmith, Jul 6, 2008.

1. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

ok, so the gf, her sister, and myself are leaving the mall today. i was cc'ing as usual.

We are walking through a pretty packed parking lot, a car pulls into a handicap spot in front of us and we keep on walking, as thinking nothing of it. The woman in the car yells out "I am backing up" as we are walking behind and backs into us. I narrowly escape and tap the trunk as she almost runs me over. She still keeps going and almost runs over my g/f who yells out "watch out" and taps the trunk as well.

But we keep walking and ignore it - no harm no foul - one shouldn't get them selves into confrontations. The woman starts screaming expletives at us while we are walking away, all while her young 4-5 year old child is in the car with her. It goes on for 10-15 seconds as we are walking with her adding a "I will kick your ass" on the end of it.

we keep our lips sealed and continue walking.

assuming crazy cripple bitch gets out of her car and follows, at what point would you go more defensive? i mean, someone gets out of their car and starts following me, #1 on the phone to 911 right away. but what if they don't stop? When do you "brandish" or switch to OC? I am not about to let some crazed cunt get within 50 feet of me or loved ones when they threaten bodily harm. especially a fucking cripple

It just pissed me off because you never know when to "escalate" a situation like that where you are in the defensive.

2. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

these are the kind of "ugh" situations you can get into that isn't a deadly threat but could be a serious one that could have long lasting harm. those are the kinds of situations i dread to think about :o

3. jeepilot

jeepilot Banned

if they get out of the car and become a true "threat", that's when you turn around take a semi-defensive stance and with an authoritative, yet clear tone tell the person to get back in the car, calm down, and continue on their way. if they still keep coming, then it will be a case by case scenario.

4. A96HondaAccordCoupeEX

A96HondaAccordCoupeEX Silver Member

crazy bitch? depends on what's she's going with her hands and how far. If you can clearly see she doesnt have a weapon in her hands as she's approaching. I would just blast her in her jaw.

But if she's coming with her hands hidden. My hand would be on the grip by now in a ready to pull and draw stance.

50ft is pretty far away for a cripple to get to you, if she's unarmed.

5. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

blade and "no sir you will not have my weapon!" [/arfcom]

but yeah, the "please do not approach any farther" and commence walking farther way would be the optimal solution. if she moves closer and will not stop it is time to take action

6. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

agreed. even with no weapon present, it always makes me uneasy :hs:

7. yar1182

yar1182 New Member

If she is following with a car the first thing you do is place another car between yourself and her car. If she gets out of the car you maneuver and continue to keep a car in between. She goes one way you go the other. All the while using the phone for 911 and otherwise trying to diffuse the situation. There is no arguing with crazy.

While this is ideal you must have a plan b. Maneuver where you can take a clean shot away from bystanders. It would take a whole lot to escalate to plan B but start thinking about it as soon as possible.

8. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

should have just light that bitch up.

9. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

should have shot out her tires

10. saxman

saxman Burninating the peasants

warning shot across her bow

seriously though, it's hard to say. Really comes down to when you start to feel seriously threatened. When they start coming after you aggressively, etc.

11. Paul Revere

Paul Revere OT Supporter

fire a warning shot into his bulbous ass! /willfarrel

12. Soybomb

Soybomb New Member

A long time ago Soybomb used to work tech support phones. This is true.

Seriously though did she have some sort of mobility related handicap? I'd like to think none of us are too fat to run away from a cripple :big grin:

13. lt1_kid

lt1_kid OT Supporter

Punch to da face.

EDIT:
    Ain't no way I would pull a gun or OC on a possible crippled mother in front of her child (Think how that would sound at a jury trial). Personally I think it would be better to go hands on since there are other people with you. Plus if she does not have a weapon I would not like to introduce one into a fight.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2008
  14. ZCP M3

ZCP M3 Active Member

Kick out her walker/cane?

15. spankaveli

spankaveli OT Supporter

werd

16. PanzerAce

PanzerAce Active Member

If she tried to run you down, you could pull the gun at any point and light her up. If she really was a cripple and she got out of the car, there probably isn't any way to legally kill her, since you most likely can get away from her.

17. lobstradomus

lobstradomus New Member

Seeing as she had no problem yelling and screaming from her car, her getting out and walking after me would definitely lead me to think she wants to escalate it to a physical confrontation. If she is actually starting to gain on us I would probably tell the GF to keep walking and to call the cops while I turn to face the crazy and tell her to back off, then see what happens. Funny thing is the last girl I was seeing is a cop which would make the situation pretty damn funny.

18. idleprocess

idleprocess Bring a dollar with you baby in the cold cold grou

Unless the crazy woman starts trying to run you down with her car, it doesn't sound like anything other than an unpleasant encounter that you might recall another dozen or so times in your life. It does not sound like she threatened you in any other way, nor presented any potential to.

19. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

I had no idea, she was still in the car screaming at us. All I know she could have been fine :noes:

20. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

HOLY SHIT REALLY? THAT ISN'T WHY I EXTENDED THE SITUATION AS A HYPOTHETICAL

21. hsmith

hsmith OT Supporter

"let me call the cops, oh wait!"

22. Ford4Life

Ford4Life Guest

If she would have physically put her hands on you, I think you'd have every right to use OC to stop the assault, crippled or not. Firearm, you'd probably get charged with something. Now if she drives after you, whole different ballgame, vehicles are deadly weapons in many states.

23. footratfunkface

footratfunkface New Member

This is why FoF training is great. It lets you address some of these types of situations in a controlled environment where the chances of someone getting hurt are FAR less. It also lets you review your actions, discuss them, and the ramifications. Including potential legal issues.

When people present these types of situations, most people usually think in terms of either getting away or shooting. They ignore all the other options in between. Most carriers of firearms, myself included, don't carry anything between the fists and the firearms. OC would be a great tool to help you break contact. Who the fuck cares if it's a handicapped mother or a grandpa or whoever? If they're being as aggressive as you've hypothetically stated, they're posing a threat. Not a lethal threat, as described, but they show what any reasonable person would perceive as an intent to do you harm at the least. Kick knees, OC to the face, whatever needs to be done to keep yourself and others safe.

Spray the kids while you're at it. They've probably been acting up, too.

24. PC Principle

PC Principle New Member

Meh. I would probably just call the police and push her away if she was attacking me unarmed. If she had a weapon though it would be another story.

25. SNDP

SNDP New Member

/ignore.