SRS Cravings for Alcohol (Anonymous post in Asylum)

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Darketernal, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

I've never had a drink of an alcoholic beverage in my life. I've never been tempted. I've gone to bars and clubs with friends and just gotten a Diet Coke.

I've always prided myself on my will power and so have my friends. But I always just saw it as a case of me not missing what I don't know!

So for the last week or so I've been very interested in drinking an alcoholic drink. And yesterday I bit the bullet and bought 4 cans of beer. Heineken.

I drank one. It was the most horrible tasting thing I've ever tried I've been told it's an acquired taste though.

So I thought that's the end of my wild adventure. Put of beer for life.

So I woke up today. And I don't have a craving for beer. But more a craving for something nicer. I have an urge to buy a bottle of whiskey tonight.

I have a very addictive personality. So I'm worried that this might be the slippery slope to me becoming alcoholic.

How can I go from not even thinking about drinking an alcoholic drink, to all of a sudden craving one.

This is sort of a nothing post. But I had to write something down. So I did.

Thanks for reading

2. P-chan

P-chan New Member

If you didn't like the taste of Heineken, chances are you aren't going to like the taste of whiskey either. :dunno: Not that they taste anything alike, mind - it's just a harsh taste, especially if you haven't had it before. When you say you have an "addictive personality" what do you mean?

3. Socrates

Socrates New Member

You're already a raging alcoholic! Quit now! There is no such thing as just doing it a little bit! :hsugh:

4. THoC

THoC New Member

i hate heineken and LOVE whiskey.

i assume he will mix the whiskey and not drink it straight.

how old are you TS? there is nothing wrong w. wanting/craving something. live life and enjoy it man.

if you feel like you have an addicting personality then be cautios. im sure, since you have staid away from it for so long, having a glass of whiskey and ginger wont all of a sudden lead to an addiction.

5. ldaggerl

ldaggerl New Member

if you want an easy way to feel the affect of alcohol then buy some grain and some fruit juice. Anything really doesn't matter. Grain is nasty by itself but a nice juice of some sort with a bit of grain gets the job done and you don't taste grain because of the juice. I've got a little recipe for something call jungle juice. I'm sure many have heard of it before but I have my own way of making it.

6. JustJeff

JustJeff www.youtube.com/thisisjustjeff

Wow... if you think you are developing a problem now... I must have been sick for all 4 years of college o_0

Curiosity is part of living. It seems you have a pretty level headed analysis of what you think is addictive and not... i'd say there is no use in not trying... just go for it.

Try it... drink with some friends: make it social, and you'll be fine.

7. Grok1122

Grok1122 New Member

I think you are right to be cautious if you have an addictive personality, but my guess is your craving is stemming from your curiosity. I think you are 'craving' a drink because you didn't get what you were looking for out of your first experience with beer. I sit on it for a couple of weeks and see if you are still feeling the craving after that.