Craptastic, they changed my project specs yet again :mad:

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by DeeVoc, May 9, 2003.

1. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Ugh, I swear my major is designed to train you to procrastinate and just do things at the last possible second, cause that's the only time the proffessor figures out what he really want you to do and settles on a final project spec. They play it off as, "well in the real world requirements will constantly be changing". Yes well in the real world I don't have to worry about the final you've got planned the day after the project is due. :rant: ^ eleventy billion

Sorry, I've just had to re-implement the same shit three times because I decided to be responsible and get an early start on a project our professor originally decided would be implemented at our own discretion, then decides to hit us with extensive details 4 days before it's due.

2. SLED

SLED build an idiot proof device and someone else will

heh, get used to it :o

3. CompiledMonkey

CompiledMonkey New Member

Man that's fucked up. Yeah, in the real world things do change. But nothing major 4 days before the deadline. If you do ever get into a situation like that, leave.

4. nateg

nateg New Member

Hate to say it but it's a good life lesson for you. I'm pretty young (22) and I've worked in the Architecture and Engineering Industry since I was a wee Sophmore in High School (Co-op in high school). ALL of my bosses are exactly like that with deadline projects.

Think it's bad? Wait till they rush you to get a job done and then they cancel it the last possible second. It pertains to an old saying "hurry up and wait" :mad:

Nate

5. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

Yeah, just mad cause I could've been out enjoying my senior year instead of the time I pissed away on what I researched and felt was a "proper" implementation. I even showed it to the TA and got the green light.

6. nateg

nateg New Member

We hear you, bro. Professors can be a pain in the ass. I have three college credits remaining ro get my Associate in Computer Science.
    I didn't finish cause for one, I suck at math and I've had nothing but shit luck with horrible professors. None of them ever bothered to assist me. They just handed the work learn yourself.

Nate

7. DeeVoc

DeeVoc Heh.

yeah, only problem I really had in the math department was during my discrete math class in which my prof didn't give me passing credits because of .35 worth of points.

I'm an adult though and I can deal, my algorithms are straight and most of what I have to do should be petty shit like modifying some extra values in some tuples. It just pisses me off that the first two phases were "planning" which was totally pointless because they decided to not give us any real info untill just now.