SRS Crappy Christmas

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Crackaboy, Dec 25, 2005.

1. Crackaboy

Crackaboy New Member

:wtc: This is only my 2nd christmas away from my parents and its awful. I spent the night at my gf's house, and watched her open her huge pile of gifts. Her family is not well off at all, but the entire family shares gifts and stuff, really nice and generous folk. I watched her open all this stuff and it made me remember I was coming home to 4 presents, to open them by myself...... and one of those was a gift I bought for myself.

Tonight made me realise how stingy and greedy my family is. We have alot more money than my gfs family, but hardly nobody exchanges gifts or anything :hs:

And dont get my started on my step-dads family, they dont even call or send me a card :ugh:

I realised all this on my drive home, and I actually shed a couple of tears.... :hs:

Sorry just wanted to vent :hsd:

2. SovietRussia

SovietRussia What? You pooped in the refrigerator? OT Supporter

dont really mean to dump on you, but you do know that christmas isnt all about presents. :ugh:

3. Brian

Brian New Member

I don't wanna get into it but today has been one of thee, if not worst day of my life and none of it had to do with presents.

just try to atleast appreciate that you have a loving family and girl friend

4. Darketernal

Darketernal Watch: Aria The Origination =)

John and Brain, please have a closer look at
    John It wasn't about the presents, and for Brain its clearly 'not' a loving family.

What the thread starter is posting about is that absolute feeling of 'bitter cold and emptyness' from the direct family that he is related to. Then coming back at you, i think you have to start making 'an example' to your cold blooded repitilian alike family. By showing them your love, by caring and overwhelming them with good, you stand 'above' their standards, and maby its a lesson for you too , to know and show how important that love and warm feeling is in your life. You don't want to share this emptyness of greed and stingyness, its an important life lesson. Because its better to settle for the brass and being with your family, then going for the diamond in life and having your family being torn apart.

Bonds of love > materialistical posessions.