Craigslist prank gone too far

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by JordanClarkson, Oct 2, 2008.

1. JordanClarkson

JordanClarkson OT Supporter

So awhile back there was a thread on OT about this best of craigslist post

http://www.craigslist.org/about/best/lax/596842076.html

We all reposted this on craigslist as a joke looking for golddiggers and I got a few replies. One was from a girl who was really eager to meet with me. I threw out lots of bullshit and very bold suggestions to which she took with ease. At one point I even told her I'd pay her $2000/mo to be my sugar baby. Well we met up last night and I kept up the act, yet found out we have a LOT in common. She's really hot, but I'm a bit underwhelmed simply since we click so well as friends. Plus she's only acting extremely interested in the hopes that I can further her acting career.

When we were together she said she was going to need to move out soon for 5 weeks (I know it'd likely be longer) and I jokingly said that she should come move in with me. Well, this morning she sent me an email saying she might need a place to stay.

And just now she sent me a text saying she might need a place to stay this weekend and if I could help her out. The punch line is that I actually want to see her and I am cool with her staying here for a couple days. And I'd even let her move in with me because I said that I was her friend and that I would and meant it. Once she finds out that I'm not a rich producer however, I know she's going to be pissed.

I'm going to invite her up here, but how do I handle it? When do I fess up that the mercedes in the garage is my dad's, that I'm not really a producer, and that I'm not going to be paying her to be my sugar baby, or that I'm not able to take her on vacations like I promised, and that I won't be taking any cash out to splurge because of all the money I have left in investments is going into a business venture? I assume I shouldn't let her find out/guess it all by herself. :hsd:

2. zmiller91

zmiller91 New Member

at least tell her before she packs all her stuff...

3. nzwasp

nzwasp New Member

this is gonna be a doozy

4. JordanClarkson

it's only for the weekend. I'm going to tell her that, and not to show up with all her stuff or anything

5. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

oh sounds trouble-icious! :o

6. JordanClarkson

I tend to gravitate towards trouble :run:

7. JordanClarkson

I just don't want her to blow up and embarrass me or anything. :o

8. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

um, well.. i'm going to go out on a limb here. if i were in her shoes and it was dropped in my lap i'd be pretty pissed off. unless she's super cool and decided she likes you for YOU and not your supposed money. sounds like she's in it for the promised perks, so, yeah, you might have some drama on your hands.. just sayin.. :mamoru::hsd:

9. radfad88

radfad88 The Batman-O-Lantern

you're fucked dude... for so many reasons. good god, let me break this down for you

A. this girl is a gold digger. you said it yourself that's who was going to respond to your post. you don't even want to be involved with someone like this. OF COURSE you guys "got along" and had "so much in common" fuck I'd tell you I liked yodeling on top of mountains if it meant $2K/month for keeping you happy.

B. you've lied to her about the only thing she was interested in you for (money$$) so why on earth would she want to pursue even a friendship with you? Maybe if you'd met on different terms but she met you with expectations that you could help her (money, career ops, etc.) When she finds out you can't she'll be so pissed she won't want to talk to you.

C. You lead her on making her believe she could use you as a way out of whatever situation she's in... This is partly her fault for relying on a man like a skank ho, but I still feel a little sad for her since you've lied to her and everything.

moral is, fess up NOW before she makes any huge decisions based on your lies and everything in her/your life falls to shit.

10. JordanClarkson

well it was discussed but no promises were made about money. she said she's been doing this for 3 years. just staying at guys places for free until they get sick of her.

i also said/asked "so we're friends right? i mean so if this thing doesn't work out, are we still friends?" and she was really cool about that with no expectations.

we didn't sleep together. i paid for everything. it was a $250 night. so i don't feel like i took advantage of her in any way, especially since i knew she was acting too. she even gave me the phone number of her roommate, who i thought was her bf because the voicemail had a guy's voice. :dunno:

11. Amanda Ann

Amanda Ann New Member

situation just all together sounds shady and destined for failure.. :hs: her saying you guys were friends and actually meaning it are two different things.. especially when she finds out money is not involved.

might as well chalk it up to meeting an interesting person under the wrong circumstances and walk away before shite gets crazy!

12. JordanClarkson

I also think this is just a bluff on her part (about her needing to stay here). I didn't exactly show up in a ferrari and could not produce a business card.

13. JordanClarkson

that's true. i could tell that she's a very good reader of people. she said all of the right things. but i could call her on the friend thing and just say that this won't work out but we can be friends...

14. JordanClarkson

Thanks, that is good and I'm going to use it after she replies. :o

15. JordanClarkson

oh it's real :o

here's a pic from last night

[​IMG]

see her two phones? :rofl:

16. JordanClarkson

not a wedding ring, but she's been engaged 3 times. :eek4:

she said her friend gave her the bottom phone, which has a guy's voice on voicemail. that's what she's been calling and texting with. i kinda want to tell her to call me from her REAL phone. the top one she was a lot more familiar with and accidentally was going to text me a pic of us she took with it, but then shut it off mid way and now i realize why. :o

17. JordanClarkson

actually, now I don't even feel so bad. I feel like the game is still on since she hasn't even given me her real #.

18. Two toys

Two toys New Member

lol keep playing the game bro

tell her that with the recent drop in the market a lot of your assets are tied up and you cant exactly go spending any money on her. or some bullshit like that.

19. vipergts24

vipergts24 New Member

Why the thread if you are just going to puss out. We all know you aren't going to hook up with this chick

20. Two toys

Two toys New Member

sad thing is while she is indeed cute she definately isnt sexy enough to command 2k/month

i've fucked bitches hotter than her and not even bought them dinner.

21. JordanClarkson

I've thought about that, but she'll drop me instantly if there's no cash.

22. JordanClarkson

We made out but I'm not looking to sleep with her. Like I said she feels more like a friend. If she wants to I'm not going to turn her down. I'll probably slip her a bill to help her out but that's it.

23. Oh wow....prank gone too far....WAY too far. Beyond far. All I can do is laugh right now...that is crazy. :rofl:

24. Falconer

Falconer OT Supporter

Damn dude, pretty sad when a craigslist prank ends up with you being played by a woman.

25. JordanClarkson

I write a lot of fake ads like this for laughs, but I don't typically follow through with a meeting. This happened mainly because she wanted to meet up for dinner and I had been wanting to try Gordon Ramsay's restaurant in hollywood so that was my excuse.