A&P Craigslist photographers.

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by iRate, Mar 2, 2010.

1. iRate

iRate New Member

all these craigslist photographers are getting out of hand.

how are they in your area?

2. isaac86hatch

isaac86hatch This thread sucks

It's bad here. I stopped caring a long time ago when I realized that the clients I want to work with don't troll craigslist for photographers.

3. Jcolman

Jcolman OT Supporter

I stopped advertising on CL once I raised my rates beyond what a CL bride is likely to pay.

However, I made a decent amount of $$$$ shooting CL weddings last year. :bigthumb:

4. Ty Webb

Ty Webb You don't have to go to college. This isn't Russia

I don't even try on Cl anymore because of the spam that comes flying into my email. It's atrocious.

5. ProjektPhoto

ProjektPhoto New Member

It seems theres another one that pops up every time I happen to log on. Some of their advertisements are just ridiculous.

"quote" hello i am a young female artest looking for very odd models i need men and females willing to get down and dirty
    i take very odd pictures id like it if you were somewhat goth,punk,and or emo some one who has club wear that cosets with lots of black maybe corsets and neting ofcures i will need for you to be very open and not shy i will not force you to do anything that makes you feel uncofterble but there maybe tyeing up nuded passion between men and woman and men or men and men or woman and woman so if you have a lover or someone you dont mind being touchy feely with bring them along im look for alot of ppl you dont have to have any experance i am just trying to bilnd a porfoleo but with your ok i will put my pics in shows and or sell them you will ge copies of all my peaces and a cut of the sales id like to have and opening so please come forwerd and bring ppl or pets also if you have it biring abonch of costume wear and or your club wear just somthing diferant and odd that i can have you change
    when contacting me include
    name
    number
    picture
    and tell me a little bit about you

much thanks
    Sammy
    "quote"

"Quote" instead of

6. johan

johan Active Member

Craigslist signal-to-noise ratio is super low...but it can work ok, esp if you're just starting out and have nowhere else to go, are not expecting much, and charge accordingly...and you can write a decent ad.

Good for your first year. You're on the right track if you outgrow CL by then.

7. iRate

iRate New Member

I've never posted on there. I was just browsing the "services" and every other post is "wedding photographer 699" "best wedding photographer in the state" etc

then you look at the provide site and it makes you chuckle