COMIC Cowboy Bebop Boxed Sets...

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by Mpowered, Apr 7, 2003.

1. Mpowered

Mpowered Guest

I have a question about a bunch of Cowboy Bebop boxed sets on eBay...

1) Theres a boxed set containing 6 DVD's Sessions 1-6 each containing 4 or 5 episodes.

2) Theres also a boxed set containing only 3 DVD's and the sellers claim they have all 26 episodes...

I am confused here... does the boxed set with 3 DVD's really only have 14 episodes? 5/5/4 or does it really contain all 26?

If the 3 DVD boxed set contains all 26, is there any difference in quality and/or features?? Thanks

Here are links to the two types of auctions

6 dvd set: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3319739760&category=2290

3 dvd set: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3320019992&category=2290

Thank's so much.

One more thing... which should i get? :big grin:

2. keroberos

keroberos OT Supporter

the first one is the legit set with a box designed by paul champange(sp). actually the movie disc is the only non legit thing in the bunch. those dvds are what where released here in the states.

the second looks bootleg to me. you can never be sure on the quality on bootlegs, some are good and some are bad. no real way to be sure of it.

theres my input :bigthumb:

3. tom3

tom3 ...

yeap, the HUGE price difference is a dead giveaway. anyway, i got the same set as the second one in the mail like a week ago. it's a dvd-rip of the R1's by MAC, so all the menus/extra features/audio/subs are included. Of course the quality is going to be a bit worse because they are squeezing them onto only 3 discs, but for the price it's a damn good deal. i don't exactly have >$200 to shell out for the official release :o

4. Mpowered

Mpowered Guest

I just found a 6 DVD set for around 40 dollars but its used and no box, just sessions 1-6 individually packed, do u think i shoudl go with the 6 DVD set used or with the 3 disc set...

5. Whojive

Whojive Form a Fucking Wall OT Supporter

the sessions 6 disk.

6. troutie

troutie New Member

i bought all the dvds individually.

i know there is a box set out that was only in limited numbers, probably what that is and i wouldn't bother with it unless you're a collector as I beleive the only difference is the pretty box.

7. Ractoon

Ractoon Shibumi in progress...

The 3 set one is a rip from Hong Kong. The quality is actually pretty good on it, it even contains all the special features found on the 6 box set. If you can find the 3 box set with the movie for a decent price I'd go with that. Unless you like to have official stuff.

8. matt

matt Active Member

9. tom3

tom3 ...

if you can get the official ones for about the same price, i say you get those. it's just better overall, unless that person is selling damaged goods, which would suck.

matt... that's a killer deal if those aren't bootlegs. i think i've seen some HK DVD sellers on half.com. i'm surprised they get listed :ugh2: .

10. twofaze

twofaze H.N.I.C.

11. matt

matt Active Member

I'm pretty sure it isn't. I think I remember checking around to see if it was before I got it. And Amazon sells it so I was pretty confident it was legit. It's got a really nice fold out case with 3 discs. There are extras that include some character intro things, interview with the guy that wrote it (?) and some other little things that I can't really remember. It's got English dubs too if that says anything about being bootlegged. :dunno: I'm happy with it.

12. PsychoDeli

PsychoDeli Day of the Baphomets

13. PsychoDeli

PsychoDeli Day of the Baphomets

Oh.. also, I've only seen the show on Adult Swim.. anything diffrent on the DVDs? Profanity/Nudity, etc?

14. Irom

Irom OT Supporter