TAT Covering up color

Discussion in 'Vaginarium' started by BrokenHalo, Jan 30, 2006.

1. BrokenHalo

BrokenHalo New Member

I just got a tattoo about 3 weeks ago. Its a black cat sitting on a purple shaded cresent moon. The cat is shaded, but not solid black. I'm realizing now that its too dark and I'm a little irritated that the artist didn't use the exact same colors in the drawing. The cat and moon are blending together a little too much for my liking. So my question is, can black and black shading be lightened or tattooed over with a lighter color (I'm looking for orange, but I guess anything that lightens it without turning it funky colors will do)

I've seen people get amazing coverups done, and was wondering how easy that would be. The tattoo isn't very big. I called the guy today and asked about changing the color, but he said he's not sure he can do it. Anyone know if he's just yanking my chain because I don't like his work if he's for real?

2. xela

xela So say we all!

You can lighten color by tattooing white on it. Or at least that's what I've been told. I don't know how great it comes out though.

3. dumb_end_user

dumb_end_user Sad Gus

In order to go lighter you may have to have some lazer treatments done to that area first. :hs: