MMA couple workout question

Discussion in 'OT Bar' started by caucasion, Mar 2, 2006.

1. caucasion

caucasion New Member

ive been in muay thai and BJJ for about a month now, usually going 3-4 times a week (2 and 2 for each). im trying to figure out when i could make it to the gym without being after a session in which im already gunna be "worked". my schedule does not have time for me to go to the gym in the mornings because my day will begin @ 5am -5pm starting the ned of the month and ill be attempting to go to BJJ/MT after i get out of my class (630-730) plus i have alot of studying to do. this leaves only friday - sunday avalible for working out. now i know lifting three days in a row wont be great for my body, but i still want to gain power and size. is it possible that i f i just keep up cardio pushups and situps ill keep gaining slowly but surely?
    :hsd:

2. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

Well, technically, if you keep adding more pushups and situps you will gain, but it's not gonna come close to an actual workout at the gym. I go to the gym three days in a row, I just do each muscle once a week though, but really hard. Works out alright for me. Be sure to eat plenty if you're going for size.

3. caucasion

caucasion New Member

so if i do MMA stuff 4 days a week and work out 3 days in a row (gym) i should be okay? what type of workouts should i be doing? high rep lower weighs?

4. caucasion

caucasion New Member

bump

the only other option which im going to attempt is BJJ monday and friday with muay thai on wednesdays and workout tuesday thursday and saturday

Last edited: Mar 6, 2006
  5. Trisomy21

Trisomy21 New Member

Yeah, you'll be fine. Just don't work out the same muscle two days in a row. As for the type of workout, that depends on you. However, for MMA I would do low reps with high weight. Probably want big muscles and more body weight. Now personally, I do the medium range. Like 8-12 reps of whatever weight you can. Some size and some endurance.