Couple questions..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by verbal, Sep 5, 2005.

1. verbal

verbal Active Member

1. I turned on tabbed browsing in Safari. But whenever I click on a link it opens a new window instead of a new tab. Is there a setting I'm missing or is this something I have to deal with?

2. Sometimes I get noise out of the powerbook speakers that resembles a squeal. The best way I can describe it is a damaged speaker sound or a sound is being played that the speakers can't handle, so it comes out as a squeal. I've changed my warning sound but I still hear this at certain times. The one time that it happens often is when I login to Pokerroom.com and open the lobby. Right after it has completed loading I hear this noise. I'm just wondering if others hear it too for certain things.

3. I have the Logitech MX900 Bluetooth mouse. I love it, but I'd love it more if I was able to change the extra button assignments. Some of the buttons do things that other buttons are supposed to do and I'd like to fix this. Logitech has no drivers for OS X. Any third party software that might help?

2. colosodian

colosodian Next Gen

Im using logitechs control center to assign the keys on my mx510. Im sure it would be worth a try. I got it at logitechs webpage.

3. untoastytoast

untoastytoast The Glory Days

4. verbal

verbal Active Member

1. That kinda sucks that there's no option to always open in a new tab.

2. Can anyone please verify this for me? I'd like to get it fixed ASAP if possible.

3. I'll try the software when I get home. Thanks!

5. tenplanescrashing

tenplanescrashing Active Member

1. On the general tab, in the Open links from applications, click in a new tab in the current window. I don't use tab browsing so im not sure if that works.