Couple questions about 9800 Pro...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by Lateralus, Aug 27, 2004.

1. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

I just installed my 9800 Pro, I used the CD that came with it and installed this. There isn't anything in it that I will ever use so can I uninstall it or will it effect my card? Also, I installed the drivers that came with the card, I'm not having any problems playing games so far, so do I need to update them? If so what are the newest drivers out right now?

2. Slid.

Slid. I'm a guy.

Well ATI includes a control panel to make advanced changes to the video card - I'd atleast keep that. You can remove the program from your system tray if you want if it bothers you.

As for downloading updated drivers it is up to you - most people would recommend that you do it - I don't recall if I have the updated version or the version from the CD. I didn't notice any performance differences between the two sets of drivers, if you have any trouble with the card the drivers would be the first thing I'd look at though.

So my drivers vote is keep what you got unless you have trouble. :)

3. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

It's not really bothering me it's just that the multimedia center programs has a video playback program so everytime I click on a video or whatever it pops up instead of Windows Media Player (which is what I want to use). Is there a way to make WMP the default player on my computer?

4. Lateralus

Lateralus New Member

Nevermind, I figured it out, thanks.