Couple pictures of the new-to-me 95 M3

Discussion in 'OT Driven' started by turbo35, May 21, 2008.

1. turbo35

turbo35 haters gonna hate

Needs a bath badly, gotta get another fog light or paint my old blanks.. we'll see. Getting smoked front corners too, these clear ones are way too white.

Anyways, suspension is finished, finally got the last of the bushings replaced, so it's cornerbalance and alignment time by one of the best guys in So Cal, Darin at West End Alignment. :bowdown: He's gonna bring it up a bit... for reference, this is how low it was before. :noes:

[​IMG]

I raised it about half an inch from that to make it a little more driveable :rofl: It'll go up at the cornerbalance today to ground control specs. Anyways, I realized yesterday I didn't have any picture of this car that weren't taken by cell phone, so I snapped a couple just before I put the Sparcos in.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

Awesome, I came really close to buying a Dinan 99 cosmos before my STI..

3. turbo35

and because I don't really have any list of the performance mods, I'll try to think of the setup here.

suspension: Ground Control coilovers (school/track kit, shortened top-adjust Konis, 550f/600r lb/in Eibach ERS 2.25" ID springs), swapped 96+ M3 strut hats/bearings, Eibach sway bars with Ground Control adjustable end links, Eibach strut tower brace, Ground Control rear shock mounts/reinforcements, 96+ rear trailing arm bushing with Ground Control shims

drivetrain: Turner stg 1 kit (3.5" euro MAF, Conforti/ITG intake/airbox, Conforti tuning), UUC exhaust, Beyern Mesh 17x8 w/245/35-17 g-force sports and stock DS1's with Hankook Z211 235/40/17 (r-comps, track set)

misc: UUC transmission mounts, Sparco Evo's with Schroth harnesses, really nice alpine head/components/amp and Crunch sub in custom box molded into the left of the trunk, clear corners

waiting to go in: euros w/HID, ss brake lines w/Cobalt Friction VRs and brass caliper bushings, new motor mounts, new vanos unit, and whatever else I'm forgetting...

Last edited: May 21, 2008
  4. turbo35

The dinan is nice stuff for a street compromise... very civil with great performance. This car's a bit more aggressive, I have an E34 540i 6-spd for daily driving, this is a "fun" car so I don't mind the noise/harshness.

They're fun cars for sure, this is replacing a supercharged '92 318 with the same suspension that I tore the subframe off the chassis in. :sadwavey:

5. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

clean as FUCK. not an E36 fan visually, but enjoy

6. turbo35

she's a stunning 6-foot beauty.

... from 6 ft, it looks good :mamoru:

Not the cleanest car, but I didn't buy it for shows, I bought it to rip some ass at the track, auto-x, and fun weekend drives... and it does that well.

Just got it back from corner balance/alignment, and it's a blast. 49.7%/50.3% weight dist. per scales... little front heavy. Feels good, we'll see how it turns in at speed!

7. art_VW_shark

art_VW_shark OT Supporter

thats great distribution!

8. ChosenGSR

ChosenGSR Mama always said you'd be the chosen one

Nice to see it raised to more appropriate levels. I have AST 4100 kit, UUC RTAB/LCAB, control arms, tie rods, UUC front sway bar, links, and caliper rebuild kits for the front ready to go in. Have to get everything done before June mazda HPDE.

97 boston green M3.

9. turbo35

UUC links are nice... too much $$ for me. Something wrong with the calipers, or just rebuilding em for fun?

10. ChosenGSR

The links are Lemforder. My right caliper is sticking :hs:

11. Advan

Advan New Member

nice my roommate has a 95 cosmos also, looks good.

12. turbo35

Yeah, but they're adjustable, unlike stock lemforder links... the UUC ones are stock links hacked up to fit an adjustment rod, so they're much quieter than other aftermarket links. Pricey tho, I'll just deal with rattle. The coilovers creak, the exhaust is loud... just tack up another noise to mods :wavey:

I remember an in-car video I saw once of an M3 on track... HAULING ass down a straight, slams on the brakes in the braking zone, releases and just as he's about to turn in, one of the brakes doesn't release and stays clamped, and snaps his car into a violent spin, right into the wall. :ugh:

... so yeah, fix that sticky caliper plz :hsd:

13. turbo35

Thanks... they're a blast. With the corner balance done, thing drives like a dream :bigthumb:

14. ChosenGSR

That's the plan before the HPDE next month :hs:

15. turbo35

I just got a last minute email for a Laguna Seca track day next weekend... $450 tho :ugh: