A&P Couple photos from a car show. Would I benefit from a DSLR?

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Skoles, Sep 18, 2005.

1. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I borrowed my dad's Sony DSC-P10 because my camera is a POS. While not a feature rich camera it takes decent 5.1mp photos that will clean up nice in Photoshop.

I personally would like a good starter DSLR for Xmas. Things I would be most interested in feature wise would be the ability to take some long exposure night shots & some decent lenses (I have no way of spending $200+ on them at the time), tho a macro & wide-angle lens would be nice. Saving as RAW would be a plus since I would be digitally manipulating them quite a bit.

So here are the 2 photos, out of 40 that came out (subject wise) exactly how I wanted. The colors & such were tweaked in PS. It's a PITA taking photos at a car show what with people in the way & most attendents not wanting to open & close their hoods for everyone who walks around. So a lot of nice shots are just not that great because the hood is opened.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

These were taken a while ago w/my older digital camera. Only 2.1mp.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. SLIGHTLY

SLIGHTLY OT Supporter

for outdoor shows a point and shoot "works". Indoor you really need atleast a camera where you can take longer exposures because of the usual dim light.

3. Skoles

Skoles Guest

For most of my shots I would like to get some nice wide angles or interesting blurs...something a point & shoot just won't do.

4. jeri534

jeri534 OT Supporter

5. Skoles

Skoles Guest

Heh, nice. Unfortunatly, this would be an xmas gift if I were to get one. And I don't see my parents dropping $900 on me. Especially w/my sister getting married in the Summer.

That is unless I am the wedding photographer. :)

6. sony

sony Active Member

If you don't know what you're doing, you'll ruin your sister's memories for the rest of her life. :o

7. Keesh

Keesh New Member

:rofl:

8. Skoles

Skoles Guest

I have a good 6 months to learn. And when I teach myself something I am interested in I absorb it like a sponge.

I think that's called Autism?

9. :werd: x 100%

10. Homeboy I don't know if you realize but this is probably your best bet for a beginning DSLR :o

I'm not too big on the dslr scene but I know that they normally are upwards of more than $1,000.

I suggest asking your rents to get you an early xmas present and you'll help them pay if you dont think they'd cover 100% of the cost..