Couple of questions

Discussion in 'Fitness & Nutrition' started by boston456, Jan 15, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. boston456

boston456 New Member

I weigh 215lbs 6 foot 4. I've been basically doing a 1 mile run before every workout at a sprint for 1 minute and then fast jog for 1 minute, when I'm done, I am at a full sweat. Then I go into my weight training. I am by no means in top physical condition but I am in good shape according to my peers. I take whey protein , creatine and glutamine powder and a multivitamin daily and eat healthy however I love to drink my Heineken Lights at night about 4 a night. I am basically trying to bulk up a bit and lose fat mainly around the stomach area. I work out 2 days on 1 day off running evry work out and alternating between chest , arms , and shoulders every work out.

What do you think I should change or continue doing? the beer drinking will continue, so that isn't an option. I have noticed getting more cut recently under this routine. Is it possible to bulk up and lose fat at the same time? Should I eliminate the running?

2. Marix

Marix OT Supporter

You're an idiot.

Don't run a mile before weight training - that's just fucking stupid

And you're not going to lose fat or gain muscle from drinking 4 beers a night. It IS possible to do, but not with your shitty diet and alcohol, not to mention your retarded training.

And since you're not prepared to give up the beer, you're never going to make significant changes. If you're not prepared to make the changes, you might as well just give up.

Sorry.

3. Plan B

Plan B New Member

I guess losing the fat around the "gut area" isn't as important as you think.

4. boston456

boston456 New Member

Funny thing is the positive changes have already been noticed by others and myself. Furthermore I have been drinking my whole life and don't have a gut. I just don't have a full 6 pack showing. But I guess i shouldn't be running before I weight train according to one idiot who said I wouldn't lose fat or gain muscle by doing what I have been. My next question to someone who isn't so irritable would be should I run after my workout instead or is that more nonsense spewed by the likes of neutrl.

5. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

fail

6. boston456

boston456 New Member

How does more muscle mass and less body fat which I have already achieved equal to failing. I was simply hoping for options and suggestions as far as my situation is concerned. If u guys wanna live like u choose, monitoring everything u eat and not having any fun , so be it, I won't hate but stop being a bunch of weasels and answer some questions legitimately. Its obvious that the beer drinking is getting in my way of becoming Mr. Universe, but Mr. Universe is far from my goals.

7. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

first off beer doesnt have any nutritional value other than empty calories. From the OP you're trying to lose the fat around the stomach area right ? Cut the beer out everynight or at least limit it to one night a week. all that cardio/weight lifting wont get you anywhere if you drink everynight.

looks like you're drinking about 400calories + about 30 carbs righ before you sleep.

www.fitday.com

8. jokka

jokka OT Supporter

fixed. fixed bro.

9. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

:ugh::ugh::ugh::ugh:

10. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

[​IMG]

11. doix

doix New Member

Sexy. Stop drinking.

12. boston456

boston456 New Member

You guys are great , good stuff. Sorry I forgot the back , I do workout the back also and my legs are jacked , I played soccer, and hockey my whole life. I don't need any more muscle there. But seriously though I know beer is affecting faster results. I'll try swithcing to 2 cups white wine every day. Drinking is in my blood. I don't drink anything but water and alcohol. Again, should I be running after weight training?

13. BarbaraWaltersPegleg

BarbaraWaltersPegleg Irish Guido

Why would you run right after a workout? do it during a different time of the day.

14. doix

doix New Member

Back in College, I would go to the gym from 6am-7am to do cardio, then again from 4pm-6pm to lift. Best shape in my life. Try something like this, or switch every other day, Cardio, Weight Training, Cardio, Etc.

15. boston456

boston456 New Member

Cool , I should just be running on the days I don't weight train. What negative affects occur when running before or after a workout? I don't have time to do 2 workouts in a day so I have to do the non weightlifting days for running if thats the best bet.

16. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

I'd suck on dem teets...milk fresh from the cow ftw...

17. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:bowdown:

18. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

A recent study showed that beer is better than water post-workout!

19. Plan B

Plan B New Member

:werd:

20. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

That's one of the dumbest things I've ever heard. I'm betting you're another fucking paddy.

21. boston456

boston456 New Member

TRUE LOYTEREM, THANKS FOR THE TIP, I USUALLY GO ON 2 MONTH LEG WEIGHT TRAINING AND THEN 2 MONTHS CARDIO INSTEAD OF LEGS, AND MAINTAIN THE UPPERBODY THE SAME WITH THE EXCEPTION OF DIFFERENT EXERCISES FOR EACH MUSCLE GROUP. ALSO WHEN I AM DOING LEG WORKOUTS INSTEAD OF RUNNING I HIT THE PUNCHING BAG BETWEEN SETS AND DO ABS. I DON'T LIKE TO STOP AND WALK AROUND LOOKING AT MIRRORS BETWEEN SETS.
    AS FAR AS THE RUNNING , SHOULD I JUST RUN AT A SLOWER PACE FOR THE FULL LENGTH INSTEAD OF THE SPRINT , SLOW DOWN, ROUTINE IF I'M GONNA LIFT WEIGHTS AFTERWARDS?

22. GTLifter

GTLifter Banned

YOU SHOULD PROBABLY STOP BEING SUCH A FAGGOT

23. Ceaze

Ceaze https://hearthis.at/DoYouEvenUplift Moderator

1. Take off the caps lock
    2. Perform your weight training BEFORE running
    3. Sprinting then going slow is better than continuous slow running

Last edited: Jan 15, 2008
  24. boston456

boston456 New Member

OH so now genetics are no longer a factor?? U can't pick and choose when genetics are going to be a factor or not wackjob!!

25. boston456

boston456 New Member

Thanks for the info, sorry for the caps lock, thats how we write in my line of work, forgot to take them off.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.