WEB Couple of questions... i know i have been asking a lot...

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by jizzmo, Feb 5, 2009.

1. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

First questions, does anyone know what it takes to get the image slider on revolution office theme going?

Question number 2 (the most important)..
    Which service pays the best for ads (Adsense, yahoo, ???)
    I just want to dangle my toes in ads.. never used them before..so this is a learn experience for me.

Thanks for your recommendations guys.

2. Browning

Browning Active Member

1. Open home.php and look for:
    Code:
    <?php if ($aOptions['featured-cat'] != '') { query_posts('showposts=6&cat=' . $aOptions['featured-cat']); } ?>  

'showposts=6&cat=categoryIDHere'

2. Adsense usually. I don't think Yahoo is accepting anyone anyways.

3. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

Thanks, I added the category ID of 1, but where do i upload the images i want displayed in there? or will they automatically be displayed if an image is added to a post?

4. Die Antwoord

Die Antwoord New Member

Adsense. Although it's going to shit as well.

5. hank85

hank85 sudo shred /dev/sda -f -v -z --iterations=6

The docs for the theme should tell you which custom fields to add to a post that should have image headers.

6. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

lol, I spent the other night figuring out how to do these. I was using streamline but I think the gallery works pretty much the same in all of them. Kind of a pain in the ass as is but they look great.

Basically, one you set up your specified featured category you edit the home.php to that featured category ID As browning said. Then most of the work is done within post themselves...

It doesn't matter where you upload the various images (main post image, gallery image, thumbnail withing gallery, thumbnail on homepage....pain to edit and upload so many images for each article but I guess that's the price of beauty lol.

Once you have them uploaded and your post almost done with content you go to the "custom fields" and add these one at a time:

(at least these are the fields for streamline...prob same for you too)

NAME | VALUE
    articleimg location you uploaded your display gallery image (one that "slideshows" It's 570x300 in mine)
    thumbnailimg location of gallery thumbnail...one of tiny one that drops down when you click in the gallery window. Mine are 100x75)
    featuredtext The text that "pops up" on the gallery image...type what you want it to say, usually a couple lines max.
    thumbnail thumbnail you want to be displayed on the homepage for the post but below the gallery. Mine are 150x150

After that, you need to have at least 2 or 3 done for them to display. Not sure if that all make sense or not but let me know if not and I can show you mine or explain a bit more.

Here are the two "tuts" that helped me figure it all out eventually:

http://www.featuredcontentgallery.com/install-setup/
    http://therandomforest.com/set-your-blog-up-with-the-new-revolution-magazine-themes/

Last edited: Feb 6, 2009
  7. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

8. JesterFX

JesterFX New Member

Looking good so far. And :rofl: at logo! Looks great though.

And yeah, your image sizes will be different than mine obviously after looking but the custom fields should be the same.

9. jizzmo

jizzmo New Member

Yea pentab drawn logo... I am going to have to fix his cheeks. I will resize/crop the pics.