A&P Couple NYC pics Looking for c&c

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by oliver, Mar 5, 2008.

1. oliver

oliver New Member

:hsd:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

:hs: Discuss.

2. iridium130

iridium130 OT Supporter

#2 is better than #1 IMO

3. oliver

oliver New Member

Yea i think that as well :hs:

4. iDrive

iDrive OTAP crew. Muradadog crew. GO GATORS!

I really like 3 :dunno:

5. emorphien

emorphien New Member

#2 definitely has better composition than #1. You get a sense of where the rider is going and it is just more interesting. I like that you can see the riders face better as well. Be careful though, the thing about #2 that bugs me the most is you chopped off the feet. Panning is something you get better at with time, #2 is closer than #1 in that regard I think but the subject is still coming out too blurred IMO.

Something isn't connecting for me with #3. The exposure and white balance kind of bug me, it's also soft I think (noisy perhaps being the biggest issue). I can't view EXIF on it so I don't know what settings you used. I'd personally say it might be better if the camera were lower and the aperture larger to blur the background more.

#4, although it has a subject, suffers from too much clutter so there just really isn't any great interest in it for me as my eyes tend to want to wander around. It also seems a bit soft, not sure what kind of sharpening you're applying (if any). This again might work from a lower POV, perhaps shot vertically to eliminate as much clutter behind it as possible (signs, cars, etc) to show the ground leading up to the garden and the taller building behind. I'm fine with centering a subject in cases like this because it's the symmetry that makes it interesting, but I think you need to get away from shooting everything at head height and mix it up a bit.

6. oliver

oliver New Member

Thanks for the feedback. Panning is something i'm definetely new at so i will have to keep on trying. for #3 the aperture was I believe near wide open and I didnt want to attract too much attention to myself by kneeling down because i was shooting this inside the NYC subway system. They tend to give you a hard time if anyone sees you (i.e cops, employees). As for #4 It was in front of a NY state supreme court so again, i wouldn't want to draw too much attention to myself by getting on the ground to recompose. I didnt have much room to play with either because behind me were steps and i was using a prime lens.

7. Chinoxxl

Chinoxxl Active Member

2nd Pic is better than the 1st, 3rd is meh