A&P Couple night shots from this week...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by Davan, Aug 29, 2003.

1. Davan

Davan Guest

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Comments, questions, suggestions are welcome! :)

2. barnold999

barnold999 New Member

I may be in a good mood... but I like them...

3. Davan

Davan Guest

I should have a disclaimer when posting my work... I am not into generally accepted photography principles. Perfectly framed and perfectly composed and perfectly exposed photography bores me. I like to explore. I like to create. I take photos hoping to capture a subject how I see it, not how I want people to see it. :)

4. Junkyard

Junkyard Guest

Can I ask a question? Did you use a tri-pod? And what was your f-stop and shutter at? I am trying to learn how to take night shots, but they are all blurry, or not enough detail.

Your pictures look very cool. And the third one I like the best. Look the ripple in the water. WHere is that?

5. Davan

Davan Guest

Yeah, I used a tripod for all three. Not sure the f-stop (had that on auto, but I think it defaults to f2.8 on the night setting.). Shutter was a full three seconds for all three shots. And this was in Calgary.

For night shots with a shutter speed of 1/30 or longer, you really should be using a tripod. I wouldn't hand-hold anything longer than that, unless you've got a REALLY stead hand.

6. ap

ap New Member

Click here if your browser does not automatically
    I spy........ a z-24. Nice pics. I especially like #2.

7. Davan

Davan Guest

Z24 it is! Good eye! :)

8. Cool what Kind of camera?

9. Davan

Davan Guest

Those were taken with my Fuji 3800Z (now called the Fuji S3000). :)