couple iPhone questions..

Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by ok_computer, Oct 11, 2008.

1. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

hey all :wavey:

Just got my iPhone 3g on Thursday.. Absolutely loving it so far, just have a couple concerns:
    -on quite a few websites I'm getting a red x where there should be photos, not necessarily jpg's, but more the photos on slideshows. A good example would be at the sites www.oilkings.ca and www.whl.ca, the slideshows and some ads are just red x
    -how can I take a screenshot? I could at lest show you guys what I'm talking about.

2. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

and how do I make it say 'posted by my iPhone' so I can show this shit off haha

Notrly but I love this thing

3. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

The red X indicates a Flash element which the iPhone doesn't currently support.

To take a screen shot, press the Home button and Power button at the same time and then release. The screen will flash white and the screen shot will appear in your photo roll.

To have your emails have the "Sent from my iPhone" signature, goto Settings and then the email settings. It's the default signature in there.

4. ok_computer

ok_computer OT Supporter

well that's too bad about the flag thing, but I can deal.. Thanks!

5. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

surf and post from wap.offtopic.com.

6. TheWeasel

TheWeasel Guest

Wat? Whole point of the iPhone's browser is that you can view sites just like you would on your computer. No reason to use the OT wap site. :ugh:

7. Pseudonym

Pseudonym --

agreed.

But if he want's that message at the top of his post saying (posted from iphone) or whatever.. he needs to be posting from the wap site.