SRS Counting

Discussion in 'On Topic' started by Soysauce, Sep 29, 2007.

1. Soysauce

Soysauce New Member

So I count my steps everywhere I go and when I try to stop I get really nervous and edgy. What the hell is wrong with me? I've been doing this for a couple of years now.

2. Animall0versist

Animall0versist New Member

Obsessive complusive disorder

3. MattThom01

MattThom01 New Member

Yep.

The counting steps is a ritual that you perform that relieves your anxiety. Do some Google searching on OCD, then I suggest checking out options for some professional guidance. If it is left unchecked, it usually becomes more and more disruptive.

4. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

So something like this is really a problem? I've been doing it for as long as I can remember. :hs:

5. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

If it doesn't interfere with your life and you don't feel it being a burden, it's not really a psychological disorder.

6. HatSee

HatSee Active Member

It's not like I stop doing things to count, I just do it while I'm doing everything else.

I either count to 5 or I split words up into equal parts, half or thirds and count the letters. I always just put it off as being bored, nothing else.

The most common thing I do it count my fingers :rofl:, I know how many there are but I seem to keep checking. :hs:

There is 5 on each hand by the way. :coolugh:

But it doesn't stop me from doing anything else usually so I guess it's not a problem. :coold:

7. Genghis.Tron

Genghis.Tron New Member

Doesn't seem like a disorder to me. A little strange maybe, but a good indicator of OCD is when the compulsions make up like 1 hour in the person's day.

8. Soysauce

Soysauce New Member

Thats basically what I do. Except I don't count my fingers. I count the letters of words, but I don't split them up.